boost gauge sensor

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi there kinda new to the world of 3800 can someone tell me where is the boost sensor that send the signal to the digital boost gauge cause mine stoped working all of a sudden or maybe someone knows what could be my probleme thanks in advance guys!

I believe the digital dash boost reading is calculated from the MAP sensor signal.

I'd check the map sensor connector, as the retainer tab is almost always broken off. The little tab thing on the male side breaks off and then the plug falls out because it is upside down.

I hold mine on with a ziptie wrapped around the whole assembly and through the space between two of the three wires. it is located on a steel bracket behind the supercharger and near the Evap solenoid. has a vacuum connection and an electrical connector.

-D

So i checked everything and all connectors are ok and not loose my boost gauge sometimes goes up to 1 psi but just freezes there anyone can help me find the problem?

Steve, it sounds like the Map sensor is working and maybe the issue is that that the boost by pass valve is shot and allowing the blower to recirculate. Can I get a littlemore info on the car including, year, miles etc.

Easy way to check is look and see if the boost bypass valve (back valve on the front of the blower) moves when you blip the throttle....

Well its a 1998 buick regal gs its got 125000 miles car runs great seems to have the same power as before but cant really tell cause we got over 5 feet of snow here so when it dryes up i will get to see more !

If the car is still building boost as before, I would check the vacuum line going to the MAP sensor. I believe if shot, the boost bypass will not allow the car to build boost.

I dont think its the boost bybass valve either i will check vac line tomorow keep you posted guys!

Well guys like always you where right on the money it was a vacum line that was unhooked from the sensor thanks for everything talk to you soon guyd!