Boost Gauge Needle Flutter

natedog910

My problem is that the Auto meter boost gauge needle starts to bounce up and down a couple psi once it starts boosting it does it a light throttle all the way thru full throttle...WHY? is that normal my set up is bone stock with a Eric street chip

Post your mod's so we can make an educated guess. Internal/external w/g? Stock or after-market boost controller? Etc.

just found a leak at the back of my gauge when i pressurized the system, doesnt show up till about 10lbs of boost, would never have found it with the car running do to the sound of the car coming up on boost is much loulder than the leak. not saying thats your issue but worth a shot.

The boost gauge is new
The car has 143 thousands mile valve springs or cam might be my problem ...does anybody know the part# for valve springs I can switch out easily

Are these them

Attachments

• 1438992843053.jpg
    1438992843053.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 66
Yes but order part # 980-12 and you will get 12 springs and pay a little less. 980-16 gets you 16 springs.

Remove the v/c's and plugs(optional) rotate by hand. If you have a dial indicator w/mag. base you can check all the valve lifts. I believe it is the third lobe that normally goes flat first.