Boost gauge line size

FASTV6HENRY

I did a search, however could not find anything regarding my question...i was wondering if the size of the line used for the boost gauge makes any difference. Reason i ask is because the autometer cheap plastic clear tube line kinks very easy and was thinking of using a larger 7/32 regular rubber vacuum hose…I also is the signal form the MAP sensor any different from the signal coming out of the evac canister. The canister was closer and would be a cleaner install….

thanks

I did a search, however could not find anything regarding my question...i was wondering if the size of the line used for the boost gauge makes any difference. Reason i ask is because the autometer cheap plastic clear tube line kinks very easy and was thinking of using a larger 7/32 regular rubber vacuum hose…I also is the signal form the MAP sensor any different from the signal coming out of the evac canister. The canister was closer and would be a cleaner install….

thanks

I use the 1/8'' copper tubing for the boost gauge.

1/8 sounds like a good size...so i take it the inside diameter does not matter for a boost signal for the gauge. do you tap into the map sensor line, i was thinking about the vacume canister line.

1/8 sounds like a good size...so i take it the inside diameter does not matter for a boost signal for the gauge. do you tap into the map sensor line, i was thinking about the vacume canister line.

I ran my tubing from the vacuum block on top of the throttle body and it has been that way for about 8 years.

There's a check valve in line with the charcoal canister and another one for the egr. They block boost pressure so connect your gauge to the vacuum block. I bought a "T" adapter for the hose going to the MAP sensor and installed it at the rear of the engine (next to the ignition module). Oh, and contrary to what many believe, "size does not matter".

I like the aluminum billet vacuum block for Vacuum brakes option where you get an extra port.
It is a little larger port size than needed, but it makes for a 1 to 1 connection, without splicing T's and such.

what size line did u use?
I just used the small hard plastic (?) line like the one that goes to the MAP sensor. I believe its 1/8 inch. I found a rubber "T" adapter that fits the vacuum pipe and two 1/8" hard lines.