Boost creep w/ "Grainger"

tangofox

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I installed my grainger relief valve (brass type) today and took the car out for a test run. Turbo spooled up good hit 16/17 lbs then jumped up to 21 lbs before I backed out. I kept unscrewing it until it was almost apart. but no change. My first ? is this. Should I lenghten the WG rod back to stock (or out some), and could the pin hole by the WG be too big (forget what size I made it).

I believe I plumbed it correctly. Hose from compessor housing to valve (ball on this side), valve to WG (pin hole) any help would be grealy appreciated.:confused:

Granger valve

I think you may have that set up wrong . A few years back i ran the stock wastegate and i think that the hose that goes to the factory solinoid should go to one side of the valve and the other side of the valve is left off. and a regular "T" is used instead of the factory "Y" . anyone else?

Mine are hooked up as he describes.....I don't have any creep....

I normally put minimum tension on the wastegate rod and set the boost with the valve....I have not found the hole size too sensitive.