boost control?

NOT FAST

well heres the deal. i'm new to turbo regals and i have a problem. the way i adjusted the boost before is just by turning the actuator. i'm looking into getting an electronic boost controler and i found out you can't use one with just a actuator. what would i need to make this happen. and does anyone have one for sale.

Originally posted by NOT FAST
well heres the deal. i'm new to turbo regals and i have a problem. the way i adjusted the boost before is just by turning the actuator. i'm looking into getting an electronic boost controler and i found out you can't use one with just a actuator. what would i need to make this happen. and does anyone have one for sale.

The aftermarket electronic boost controllers use the stock actuator. They all have some sort of external solenoid to control the actuator. Some come with solenoids. Some, like the Ramchargers Boost Commander (very good unit) uses 1 or 2 stock solenoids.

There are other companies like HKS, Blitz, Greddy, APEXi, and Innovative that make very fine units.

The Innovative is probably the best one out there, but it is in the $500 range. The other companies I listed have controllers in the $300 range.

I sell all of the boost controllers by HKS, Blitz, Greddy, APEXi, and Innovative. I can not get a very good deal on the Innovative units though.

If you have any questions about the other boost controllers, just ask. Thanks.

Why are those so expensive? The BstC is fairly priced and works great. Or are you just paying for the "import style".

What makes the Innovative unit better than the others? :confused:

The Innovative is the big-daddy of them really, you can read all about it at Innovatives website.

As for the BstC, it's a nice piece, but the only real feature is boost scaling in a gear of your choice. Which, in my opinion, doesn't justify the price. My boost controllers spool the turbo quicker than the BstC, and cost less than half the price(and are even in-car). I'm in the process of making a website, but for all intensive purposes, my in-car kits, as well as my normal Quick-Spool valves are ready for ordering.

You can read more on my valves here.

email: dcc@japan.com

-DC:cool: