body bushings

GHawz13

I am not sure if this is the right place for the answer, but I am in the midst of repainting my GN and may actually do a body off resto. I would like to know if anyone has replaced the body bushings and what brand they used or who they bought them from. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Use new stock set if you want a smooth ride. Think kirban sells them. I tried the poly ones from summit but did not like the ride.

I recommend the Energy suspension bushing kit from summit racing.

Energy Suspension 3-4141G - Energy Suspension Body Mount Bushings - summitracing.com

Much cheaper than stock. (for I think 135 bucks you get all poly biscuits including the missing GNX ones!) Many people are worried about ride quality, but in my opinion there are more pros than cons. Being of course, the only con is ride quality. Being that the stock bushings "pancake", the poly ones will keep your body height correct. You will also get more downpipe clearance, more front and rear tire clearance (I'm sure you have seen many instances of people rubbing). To me it was a no brainer for the price and performance, and the quality is top notch. If your worried about ride quality, then by all means get the stock ones and prepare to spend $300+ on them, only for them to pancake down the road again. I am about performance, and I will sacrifice ride quality for power, handling or whatever else I can benefit from it. Then again, I am setting my car up for pro-touring.:wink:

Thanks for the info. Yea I would spend $300 on the stock ones then another few yrs down the road have to buy them again. Also this is not a daily driver and I will be putting classic car plates on it and will be limited to $3k miles a year so driving quality is not a big issue.

I am not sure if this is the right place for the answer, but I am in the midst of repainting my GN and may actually do a body off resto. I would like to know if anyone has replaced the body bushings and what brand they used or who they bought them from. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Gbodyparts sells the complete kit for 295.00
84-87 Grand National / T-Type GNX Body Mount Bushings Kit $295.00

Good Luck:D

You can see a diagram and get instuctions on the gnttype.org website. Look up. Bushing Replacement Procedure
Hope this helps.

"I recommend the Energy suspension bushing kit from summit racing."

X2, this is what I went with on my DAILY driver and am very pleased. Made a world of difference on the curvy on ramps, it no longer feels like I will scrape a rocker panel off... :eek:

read my sig. 99 bucks and you cant beat them. my car rides like a brand new car. but i also got all the other braces to go along with them. has all the missing ones plus the gnx ones too

Another vote for the poly bushings here. The increase in ride quality and handling much outweighs the very slight increase in noise/squeaking you might get with the poly bushings. From reading opinions from those against the poly bushings, you would think that the ride is much worse than the rubber bushings. I say it ain't so, but that's just my $0.02