Body bushing installation...

Mac in SD

...is a beetch. :biggrin:

Did a full Energy Suspension poly kit, and it took about twice as long as I thought. Oy. Of course, it was in the mid-90's that day, and wiping the sweat out of my eyes didn't speed things up. Took the back bumper off, but only loosened and tilted the front...turned out okay.

Ride quality is actually a little firmer than I had hoped for. But the old original bushings were shot, so it's better than it was.

It's a big job - don't kid yourself.

I've got a box of Energy Suspension poly bushings waiting to go in as well...been putting it off for a year now because I know its a big job and I'm dreading it. I'm gonna do that this winter when its cooler.:p

One question...i'm guessing the poly bushings raised the body from the frame a bit. If so, about how much?

I've got a box of Energy Suspension poly bushings waiting to go in as well...been putting it off for a year now because I know its a big job and I'm dreading it. I'm gonna do that this winter when its cooler.:p

One question...i'm guessing the poly bushings raised the body from the frame a bit. If so, about how much?

I'd guess about 3/4 of an inch, but you've got to consider that my original bushings were pretty squashed.

The toughest ones to get out were #2 and #3...you've got to really jack the body up to get them out. On a positive note...the second side is easier than the first. :)

Thanks Mac. Just trying to get an idea of how much it'll change. I'm hoping the new bushings will level the body out on mine as it has a slight lean to the right.