Body Bushing #2 question.

Drewfox

Random Member
I was wondering if any one could give me an idea on how to replace #2 on the driver side. I have the rest of them done. I was thinking of removing the inner fender to get easy access, but if any one else has a better idea I am open to suggestions.

i had thought of doing that also, but we moved the jack to the lip under the door, and jacked it high enough to get it in and out like a china puzzle.

if i am mistaken, then i also had the inner wheelwell bolts out and pulled it out just enough at the bottom to wiggle it out and get the new one in.

but i do remember the passenger side went in easy.

Maybe I raised mine higher than necessary, but the ebrake cable wouldn't allow enough clearance so I disconnected it at the dedal.

I replaced all mine last night. I just kept jacking the body up until I could get it out. The body went up highter than I thought. It was tough to wiggle it out but mine came out the back side. Make sure you put some pieces of wood or something between the body and the frame to protect your fingers if the jack falls! I set the lip of my body on a pair of jack stands with a 2x6 on it's side also for safety.

Thanks for the information. I just have one question; do I need to unbolt the power steering pump reservoir before I jack up the car to the required height? I have read that on other post.

I didn't do that on mine. Not say I shouldn't have. :redface: i just jacked it up, found lots of rust to repair, and put it back down.

Well I got all the bushing replaced with little drama. Three projects down and three more to go. But now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.:smile: