BMS Raw Forged Cranks

TYRFRYR

Stored since the late 80's by a Buick Landspeed World Record Holder these items are now available:

Several (9 and possibly more)
RAW CRANKSHAFT FORGING P/N 25500008 COST: $575 + Shipping - This unmachined even-fire crank forging give Buick V6 engine builders the freedom to use non-standard stroke dimensions. It is forged from tough 4140 steel (30-34 RC Hardness), and it will accommodate strokes from 2.66" to 3.625". The extra-large counterweights will provide proper engine balance with heavy-duty piston/rod assemblies.

Forgings have a fair amount of surface rust. The rust will not affect the integrity as much of the material will be removed. These forgings will require machining at your expense. I can ship several to a machine shop such as Moldex if several people wish to coordinate the machining of these at one time. I'm sure Moldex will reduce their machining fees based on volume and tooling set up time.

Again $575 + Shipping fees

Other semi finished cranks are available in sizes 2.66-3.06. Call for more information.

Several sets of Stage II aluminum and steel heads available. He is asking $825 for a set of heads.

Thanks,

Tyson
turbobuick87@hotmail.com
831-438-3100

Originally posted by chevyII
Sent PM----- Anyone up for a group purchase sent to moldex for maching?????

I might be, if we can get the price in fairly reasonble ;)

"reasonable SII parts"? Yaaa Right ;)

I think they are around 1000 to machine. but as a group? Anyone have a contact number for moldex? Ill call on monday to see about a deal for all nine.

phone #

Moldex Crankshaft Co.---313-561-7676
I was @ their shop recently and was telling them if they would do some Buick cranks that there is a small market for them. Their reply was that they were going to build some. Having said that, I assume Billet. When I bought the last one they had (Forged), he quoted me a price of $2200 for a billet---any stroke (Whitey ). Keep in mind that there are 2 different dia. for the rear main seal, depending on whether it takes a Buick or BBC seal. Luckly I have an older block that takes a Buick seal and he had left it big so I lucked out as I had already purchased both. I was having them do the balance work. I was afraid of the price since they were a big name co., so to speak. Same price range as local shops. Just that they only do cranks. Thats all I know about that!!!

Scat quoted me $2500 for a billet with a waiting period. Just got a message from another Buick reader that said he got his crank cut at Moldex for $925. Scat quoted me $1900...I told them that if I was going to throw my money away, I'd at least burn it for entertainment than line someone elses pocket on an overpriced turn of the lathe.

Tyson

Talked to moldex today There is no price break for a group. The price is 1000 to machine and nitride/heat treat. 575+1000+around 100 for shiping? He qouted a billet at 2100. I was hoping to get one done for 1500. :(

Tyson,

Shoot me an email. I have someone that would like to buy one.
I am trying to budget it for myself and don;t know yet!