BMS crank

TurboCrazy

Turbo on the brain!
I'm in need of a narrow journal, 3.625 stroke BMS crank. Ran into a snafu on one of my S2 builds. Got all my parts together, the block machined and then found out the crank I was going to use had a crack!:mad: Let me know what you have. PM would be best.

Thanks, Brandon

Thanks guys, but I started with Mike and he doesn't have one. Ted's is a wide journal crank.:(

Brandon

Hi Bill, Thanks for chiming in. I had given the CAT stroker crank some consideration, but was unsure if it would be reliable enough in my 278" S2 motor. Not going for broke with this motor, just looking for around 800hp. Do you think it will do the job reliably? I just don't want to screw up a good off-center block because the crank wasn't up to the task. Thanks for your time.

Brandon

Hi Bill, Thanks for chiming in. I had given the CAT stroker crank some consideration, but was unsure if it would be reliable enough in my 278" S2 motor. Not going for broke with this motor, just looking for around 800hp. Do you think it will do the job reliably? I just don't want to screw up a good off-center block because the crank wasn't up to the task. Thanks for your time.

Brandon

we have used several at the 800hp level. I honestly would rather use that than a USED BMS crank. When you get it, make sure your machinist checks it/measures it thouroughly

I have a billet 3.570 narrow journal STD/STD i might sell:smile:

Thanks for the offer, Gene! Very tempting, but the rotating assembly was set up for 3.625 stroke. If I didn't have the pistons, I'd be all over your crank.
On second thought, PM me a price. It will give me more options to mull over.

Thanks, Brandon

Geno- how much for the billet crank-what rod/pistons combos can be used with this stroke?