Blue-tops or 009's?

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
Please look at my set-up. I have an opportunity to get 009's, are they better than the blues?

Thx

I personally wouldn't do it. I have blues now, they are great, had them in my GN too. From here I'm going to MSD 50#ers...better chips out there for them than 009s

I have 009s with the T+, LS1 MAF, and the extender chip. Drivability is out standing, best purchase I have made for the car. Duty cycle with 16lbs of boost is 75%. When I go to the track I bet I will come close to maxing out the 009s. I consider maxing out 100% duty cycle. I would definatly go with the 009s and an experienced chip burner.

Bruce

Keep the blues until you port the heads, then go bigger than 42#'s.

get 50s.......if i had the cash id get rid of my 009's in a heartbeat. Just been a bad experience with them. If you can find a good chip for your car i hear the 009's are awesome......but if u cant.........enjoy off idle stumble.......ive had it for quite some time....have it down to a science almost of how i can feather the peddle to minimize it.

Dan

I have blue tops in both my cars and LOVE THEM!!!!! I would start at blue tops, and if you upgrade anymore, go straight to 50s. At least thats why Im doing. HTH

If you're getting a deal, get the 009's. If you're buying full pop, get 50's.

You can put 36's in, but once you get bit and need more fuel you'll be buying again.

50's will take you to 500hp. Thats probably more than you'll need for a long time.

Originally posted by jmidolo
I personally wouldn't do it. I have blues now, they are great, had them in my GN too. From here I'm going to MSD 50#ers...better chips out there for them than 009s

i agree

Looks to me like you already have the Bluetops, correct? If so, I would stick with those until you are running 11.7's or so and then decide what your goals are and upgrade from there. I went 11.7's with the bluetops and then upgraded to the 50's. There are quite a few guys out there running faster than I did with the bluetops so they can go down into the 11.5's but I would try to puch them much more than that.

Originally posted by wyk3d
get 50s.......if i had the cash id get rid of my 009's in a heartbeat. Just been a bad experience with them. If you can find a good chip for your car i hear the 009's are awesome......but if u cant.........enjoy off idle stumble.......ive had it for quite some time....have it down to a science almost of how i can feather the peddle to minimize it.

Dan

Hey now - why couldn't you find a chip for them? Give testa a call - he ices the 009s. No need to feather after that.

_BOB

Thanks for the inj. input

Thanks all for your valuable input. I will keep the blues. I guess that after street racing a built up mustang and having a car length lead from the start to the end of the 1/4, I was feeling a little slow, feeling him at my bumper. I guess the racing bug bit me :)

Thx

my opinion only.the blues will go 11.60 no problem on a full weight car.I love em.then id jump to 50s to go to 10.80s or so.both are very easy to tune.ive never owned 009s however heard of people having problems like the 868s pulling enough fuel at the bottom end.blues and 50s even o2s all the way in my expirience
Bob Slusser