blown fuse ?

ffej

hoping some one can help me. every time i start my 86 gn (stock) the 10 amp fuse labled ecm sol blows. some one told me before that this controls the wastegate sol and the elect to tranny ive unplugged both of these and checked the wiring for bad spots still blows any ideas? thanks,jeff

hoping some one can help me. every time i start my 86 gn (stock) the 10 amp fuse labled ecm sol blows. some one told me before that this controls the wastegate sol and the elect to tranny ive unplugged both of these and checked the wiring for bad spots still blows any ideas? thanks,jeff

Unplug the solinod on the vent canister.drivers side,near headlight.try the egr controller too.beside the egr,with the plug.

Check the A/C clutch wiring too.

I think that's on the same fuse, sometimes the diode wires get twisted up in the connector and short out. Or the diode blows shorting it out.

thanks for the fast responses. ok i tried all the above and narrowed it down to the egr sol. my next question is, all i have to do is replace that or is there more to it? thanks again,jeff

If the chip you have doesn't pulse it, ie. typical performance chip, and you don't need it for emissions, you can just leave it unplugged.

thanks again for the help.ive had this car since 1987 and i still feel like a newbe. ive never really worked on it or done anything magor to it. its great to have a place like this to help:cool: