Blowing cap off of antifreeze bottle Alky car 87 Regal T

I will tune my own car. The engine runs and sounds good.Yes I'm sure the head gaskets have some issues, but normal driving 160 coolant temps. Under boost blast she runs 220 0r so and cap blows off the over flow.. Boost gauge is accurate. Yes without data I'm stabbing in the dark. Time has run out over the winter I"m going to go over the engine..Thanks y'all for the info.
What head gaskets do you have? X2 on the knock sensor could be bad. Head gaskets are probably done. Had the same issue with ROL head gaskets. Ran fine but pressurized the cooling system under boost(ROL sux)and I hadn't been over 13#. Just go pull the heads and be sure to check the block and heads for flatness. And like Bison said check those beaings.

A 206/206 roller will make more power than a 208 flat tappet. The roller cams have more duration at .200 lift from faster ramps. Too much cam is worse than playing it safe and going small. I like the 210/215 full throttle sells.

What type of info is out on the 210/215 cam. How fast have guys run. What does Weber sell cam wise that guys have gone fast with as well?

What type of info is out on the 210/215 cam. How fast have guys run. What does Weber sell cam wise that guys have gone fast with as well?
There are many people running that cam with great success. I personally have that cam on a stock longblock with unported heads and I run mid to high 10s consistently. I can only attribute those times to the tune and combination of parts not necessarily the cam. It's seems like you have other issues that require further attention rather that figuring out cam selection. There are plenty of guys that are way faster on smaller cams too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been running on a hurt head gasket for 2 years now. It pressurizes the cooling system. Has to be over 21 psi it seems though. I check the oil after every pass so I'm gonna live with it till my I get my new motor built.

Get a leak down tester and check all your cylinders and then you will know about your engine head gasket health and go from there .

Has anyone had issues with blowing the cap off of the coolant overflow tank on an Alky car? Would anyone like to chime in, on a similar situation. The car still ran 11.38@122 boost set around 23psi. Thanks guys.
It's possible to have an intake to cooling system leak ...... just like I had ! As soon as I hit over 16 psi of boost it would push coolant to the overflow tank , if I didn't get into boost it wouldn't push past the 16 lb radiator cap to the overflow tank . Just a thought . Sam

26d in all gears? 25d in 1st and 2nd ok but never 3rd. Tune must be right on. I believe you said 93 with alky. And yes you're boosting into coolant.

Last edited: