Blow Through Q-Jet?

This question maybe going the other direction, but can any of the aftermarket carbs be used with draw-thru? and how high can I go with the CFM before I start blowing s**t up? I like the blow-thru idea too, but I`m too damn impatient to try it:biggrin:

FlintBuick4Life said:
This question maybe going the other direction, but can any of the aftermarket carbs be used with draw-thru? and how high can I go with the CFM before I start blowing s**t up? I like the blow-thru idea too, but I`m too damn impatient to try it:biggrin:

600 to 650-cfm is more than you will ever need from a carburetor, as there are guys running in the eight's with them in the 1/4 mile, and they are running way more cubic inches to boot. Holley's w/mechanical secondaries are the most common, but many run Edelbrock's and Carter's as well. To quote Ida from Ida automotive, the carburetor is the ultimate MAF sensor. Swapping jets and tuning with a screwdriver saves people soooo much money in the long run as opposed to burning chips over and over, and/or with big money ECU setups. Blow-thru carbs are awesome....

YouTube - turbo mustang dyno 700+

YouTube - Bill's Blow-thru first fire.

After I my last post I went down in the garage and found I had a set of 65 lb TBI injectors. Bump the pressure up to 22 psi and they are 85 lbers. That's enough to feed 250-300 hp. So all I would need is the harness and a few sensors now. A pump too of course but I was going to need a better pump with a blow through set up anyway. As far as the expense of tuning, I do my own. I already have all the hardware and software to do it. I tune cars as a side business and have the stuff to do any OBDII Ford or GM as well as OBDI GM's and 88-95 Mustangs.

So now I have a decision to make....Qjet?....Holley?.....or TBI?...ugh