Block

Dang John. That kids growing fast. Already in College?

TTT for Reg...

Don,

He is 11 months and the time has flown away from me.
His surgery is in a couple weeks, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

How did that happen???

Well lets see. That block had cracked on the outside and let the water out of it about 2 years ago. So that was welded and the block was filled.

As of late the motor would not make anymore than 700 hp to the wheels. Tried all kinds of things, different turbos, you name it. Finally found out that the #6 oil ring had bent out of the ring land and was dancing in the cylinder. The keyway on the crankshaft had given up so the balancer was dancing on the crank and the cam shaft gear was screwed up. Wiped out a cam lobe and scored one of the rods because of it.

The last I heard the block was going to be sleeved but maybe there was more damage I had not heard of yet.

Not bad for 700 hp, would have loved to seen it under full steam.

John it is expensive but I had to make a decision to give up on my stage 2 car or stay in the game a little longer. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet.Kenny D has the block doing the machine work. Hope to have it running around the end of FEB.

Cool Reg. I hope that thing flys when it's all done! What ET's are you shooting for? 8.60's-mid 9's :biggrin:

Neal
Your're right 4 inchs is the most you can bore it.I had to order new pistons. If you know anybody that needs pistons let me know I have plenty.

REG

Reg. I went 4" the first time with my TA block and a problem forced me to replace all the sleeves, since I was at max bore. With the new sleeves, I bored to a smaller size so that I could bore these sleeves again in case I needed to. It was not fun changing out the sleeves. Plus, after pulling out the sleeves that were at 4.00", you really get to see just how thin the sleeve is. A little scary. I know the sleeve is supported well by the block, but I felt better leaving some meat on the sleeves as well.

Don
I hear you.I think we decided on a .050 over bore for that very reason leave a little for later just in case something goes wrong.

Don
I hear you.I think we decided on a .050 over bore for that very reason leave a little for later just in case something goes wrong.

Reg,
3.950 bore would make it a 266.5 cubic inch motor (3.625 stroke). No problem going into the low 9's with your set up.
Jeff