Block Read Failed??

CSJTA

I got this communication error today while running the car. Car is idling, starts running real bad, losses communication and I get this error message. While I have been getting alot of communication errors lately, I have never seen this one. Usually, it will just lose communication, but here lately it seems to be getting worse. Just today, it lost communications 5 times in a row in a 3 minute time span, then it was fine for the next 30 minutes. Could something be wrong inside the ECU causing this? I have checked and double checked everything else, removed all the junk programs on the laptop, even removed c-com and reloaded it. Thanks for the help.

What size processor and ram do you have? Are you making changes with the page up or page down buttons when this happens?? I have been having the same problems and I am trying to find the problem.
I have gone back to the dos program and have not had it happen since. So what I am thinking is my 133 48 ram thinkpad is causing the problem.

Hey Ricky, sounds like we both have the same laptop, mine is a 133 with 48 megs too, so maybe it is the problem, I think I will borrow a friends and see if this will cure it. I've just never seen it say Block Read Failed before, usually it will just lose sync.

Make sure you look over your map after this happens. I have had 16's show up in the area I was changing, but not always that cell. You can just imagine what the engine will do when it hits that cell. If you have the dos version use it until you get another laptop. I have had no problems with it.