Block Learn education needed

Paul Clark

I don't know how to "tune" BLMs.
Mine were high at idle so I replaced the MAF with a reman I had sitting around.
Much better idle and throttle response.
Readings are still 160 at idle.
Anything above 1100 rpms and they go down to 127-128.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have a vac leak. 160 means the ecm is lenghtening the injector's on time.

If your maf number at idle is 5-7 gps and you have a new o2, test the vac system including intake items such as EGR, tb gasket, everything before the maf including turbo inlet bell gasket and maf piping. If you are pegged at 150 or 160 usually it is vac related. A cracked header usually doesn't pull up that high.

Does altitude affect the MAF reading at idle? I'm at 4700 ft and my idle only reads 3-4 at idle. This was tested with 2 different known working MAFS.

blm

Hi !
A 160 BLM means correction for a lean condition, but at idle what is your integrator telling you? Perhaps the short term reading is most important. Is it tagging along?
What is the state of tune of your vehicle? Do you have a chip installed? Stock (or not) injectors? Need some help to help you. Let us know...

with regards to the air flow reading, the altitude affects gps. i used to live in new mexico at 4500ft. i would get 5 gps. i moved to texas last month, and at sea level the air flow went to 6-7 gps.

Do you still have the "flex tube" between the MAFS and turbo? If so, check for leaks/holes.
Also, get a genuine AC Delco o2 sensor,, it makes a difference in our cars.
Also, does the car stay in closed loop at idle, or switch to open loop? Could mean it doesn't like the O2 sensor.