Blinkers wont blink Help!

tzque

Took my car out to day and the turn signals wont blink , When I hit the brakes both turn signas light up on the dash . I pulled the rear light panel and the reverse light bulb was out . Replaced that and I still have the problem . Where do I check now?

Side and front marker lamps, as well as the rear tail lamp bulbs with dual elements.

The problem has nothing to do with the white back up lamps.

Flasher units not working? If you are using replacement bulbs then the resistance is enough for the flasher..

If you replace the bulbs with LED then the resistance wouldn't be sufficient to cause the flasher to blink.. In this case an electronic flasher would be used or resistors used inline...

If all bulbs are good then check the flashers... There are two of them.. One is located on the fuse block (99 percent certain this one is for hazard light flashing)..

The second one is a little hidden under the dash on a wire located near the stearing column.. You may need to remove the panel mounted under the column to access it..

Try removing them and cleaning the contacts...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The back bulbs are working . I did not have a philps head to check the fronts two bulbs .

Yeah that sounds like the flasher relay crapped out. About $5 for a little fuse replacement at O'Reily's.

And don't forget to use the metric screwdriver to get the screws out. Make sure the bulbs are in metric volts.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Blinker fluid, I was unaware they still made that due to it's volatility?

The metric phillips screwdriver, don't they make excellent punches when using a 10lb sledge? :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2