blew a perfect kill opportunity

lyonsd

There I was minding my own business when I approached a red light. There was a 3rd-gen Camaro RS in the left lane. I pull up to the stop line; he was a few feet back.

Normally, one wouldn't even consider racing a Camaro R(eally)S(low). I sure didn't.

So when the light turns green he jumps out of the hole and puts a car length on me :eek:, then he shuts it down. Hmmm....I catch up and look over; that Camaro has aftermarket gauges in it!! :eek: The guys in it were pretty scraggly looking characters - the passenger had his tongue pierced; they look like a cross between punk rockers and skinheads.

So I point my finger forward and give a "go" motion with it. The passenger waves "hi" :confused:, but the driver wasn't looking. I paused, then punched it and walked away.

Too bad they weren't racing (at least I don't think they were racing). But up ahead I had to take the on-ramp to the freeway, so there was no opportunity to try again. :mad:

You are not alone. I NEVER race or even attempt to race an RS camaro (even when I had my 5.0's) . I feel too sorry for the guy driving it. Even the factory V8's were dogs.

You know I love my TTA because everyon thinks its anothe slow 305 TPI from the first look, then I wax them and make them feel even worse because its a V6, but you guys making fun fo an RS proves my borthers point even better. HE is building a Hopped up camaro out of a RS for the reason everyone thinks they are very slow. LOL can't wait till the engine is done and bust up some people that "feel sorry for us" Its going to be too funny. Best part is the engine will only diplace 310cu in, but with the LT4 cam, Vorteh Heads and all the other go fast goodies you would expect to find on a clean EFI hot rod we fell like we should be able to keep pace with an LS1. Now I know that compared to the V6 on here and Modded LS1s that isnt a great accomplishmen, but considering we started out weth a 170hp 16 sec quarter miler turning in a 13 sec time will surprise a lot of onlookers that see the "RS" badges. Oh yea and when they find out its a 305 LOL cant wait for that. Who needs a 350 to go fast? Not my family