Bleeding Brakes

gntony

Put a new master cylinder on my hot air, bench bled the master cylinder. Tried to bleed the brakes with my son not much there, can you guys give me a little help on this? I know how to bleed brakes. Is there something I don't know here? Thanks in advance Tony.

Bled the rear lines on mine yesterday- I didn't have any clear tubing or an 8mm offset wrench- so I just used a socket and some rags to catch the fluid (hopefully the gears in the ratchet aren't plastic). I got a "normal" amount of fluid out after some bubbling and burping. I bled them "by ear", listening for air versus fluid.

At least three ways you can bleed the brakes by yourself.

The real key is to be sure the master cylinder is properly bled and has no air in it.

Then:

you can crack the bleeder, put a hose on it that fits snuggly and drop the other end into a jar with enuf fluid in it to cover the hose end. Pump the brake slowly. When the pedal returns, it will try to pull fluid back instead of air. This is the poor man's form of the Russell bleeders.

Use a miteymite and use vacuum to pull the fluid thru the cylinders and out into a container.

Gravity feed by simply cracking the bleeders and letting them drip until fresh fluid from the master cylinder is coming out.

I usually combine the last two for speed...suck it thru with the mitey-mite and then let them drip awhile to make sure any air bubbles have passed thru.