BlackMagic - Shawn Ayres

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I bought a set of stock original 86/87 pistons and rods off BlackMagic - Shawn Ayres. They were advertised as in great shape, needing nothing. Well they were thrown in a box of foam peanuts poorly packaged; when they arrived the crowns were all beat up, from them hitting one another in the box.:rolleyes: If that was enough, two of the pins were nearly seized in the pin bores, I had a machinist check them out & all rods (big end) need resizing, and 2 of the pistons pin bores are severely galled. Machinist said it was due to lots of detonation (also said they were junk, get your money back). I contact the seller (BlackMagic) immediately with the findings telling him I was very disappointed in the transaction. I felt like I was entitled to a full refund including my shipping both ways but I did end up offering to pay to ship them back to him. He refused to refund any of the shipping and also said he would give a partial refund (me eat shipping charges both ways) only after I shipped them back.:mad: I tried several times to work with the guy but he would not budge only offering a partial refund. I do not feel as if I should loss money because they where grossly mis-advertised. I would have not bought them if I had known they were in such poor shape & advertised IN GREAT SHAPE. I will try to post pics showing them but other future buyers should be beware. I've got all the pm's sent & received saved.

What would make this right..... is a full refund including shipping both ways and paid up front just like I did.

Bummer...

I know what you are going through, and I do not have a response back from one guy here yet. I advertised for a catalytic converter, and stipulated I needed 14.5" overall length. He sent pics, showing a cat that was 14"... and I could work with that last half an inch. It arrived with 1" of pipe hack-sawed off!!!
I have sent a PM, but as of yet, no response. I can't figure out why someone would take a picture with a measuring tape on it, CLEARLY showing it 14" and never cut... then sending a part that was freshly cut. I will patiently await for responses before posting names...
The funny thing is in all my ebay dealings (300 plus) I have never had an issue with a buyer or another seller.

Just to be able to use them it's going to cost…….
$42 to press all pins out
$70 to resize all rods
$40 to hone pin bores
$30 to clean up nicks from poorly packaged
$30 to rehang pistons on rods
$212 total and no guarantee that one will not crack when pins are pressed out.

"Great Shape, Need nothing" :rolleyes:

No thanks I’ll buy a set of TRW forged

Shipping Standards

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• pistons 1.jpg
    pistons 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 128