black truck vs. black car

mygrain

unregistered
sorry, not a TR kill.

So im going out to pick up dinner from marios, and im cruising down 309 in my dads 98 dakota slt 4x4 and i spy a black civic with a fart can and big chrome rims two cars ahead, so i pull into the left lane to get next to it because theres a red light coming up. hmm, its a girl in her late 20s (i think), to i pop it into nuetral a throw her a rev, i got a flowmaster cat back on the 318 so it sounds pretty mean for a little pickup. she looks over and i point up at the light, she nodds. put it back in drive, break torque it a bit and when the light turns green i floor it and i spins for a bout 10 feet, i look over and shes right on my rear bumper at about 30 and she stayed there and didnt gain or lose anything. i shut it down at 60 cuz i hate tickets. she passes me and beeps.

Dakotas are for towing....

Well well well...another fellow Dak driver. I had to respond to this thread considering the fact that i got my black 98 Dakota sport(318) custom ordered just to TOW MY BUICK TO THE TRACK...LOL. its a 90+mile drive to the nearest track and a long way to walk if the buick breaks(ie head gaskets etc etc) The Dak has 3.90 gears,23 gal tank,..the whole towing package. I put Eldebrock headers and 3"single exhaust just to keep the truck from being boring(oh BTW you're right they do sound sweet!). There is a guy down here that TWIN TURBOED his 6 cyl 97 Dakota. He was desperately trying to make his truck faster than my buick!LMAO! He did just about everything from blower, to nitrous, then twin turbo. Battery relocation,traction bars, ported heads, etc etc... Sadly the twin turbo setup only lasted a week or so when his turbos froze up from oil line problems...Ewwwww. It's too bad he dropped the project too, it was a real eye catcher. I'm almost glad he got rid of it, I was going to risk a ticket to show him whata real turbo 6 can do and give him 8 cars and the jump!
Well anyway, due to my friends shops' inability to rebuild my motor on time I've had to drive my Dak instead of my buick.(*tries to contain the urge to Rant on about being unable to "play" with turbo ricers,mustangs,vetts,vipers,yadda yadda..*) My Dak was bought for towing not to replace my beloved BUICK!!!! Bruce, if you're reading this...
I W A N T M Y B A B Y B A C K !!!!!! (*pant pant pant*)

yeah, i ususally use it to haul my quad around, but since my blazer blew up my dad lets me drive it. its nice for what it is.