Bit the bullet doing a mini tub

I think the 325 are about as big as you could put under there without major modifications. The 325's are still pretty tight even with the mini tub.:eek:
A 325 fits under there just fine with plenty of room.

I have a 295/50-16 under my car without a mini tub, the differance in the size of the 325/50-15 is minimal. Seems like alot of work... and money for another 1/2" of tread width. It's a tight fit, but does not rub with only minor mods to the frame and fender lip. But I would not want to lower my rear any, I am also doing an LS1 brake swap all the way around. Another reason not to lower it, the rear caliper would proberbly hit the frame.

Claude, not sure on your car with the 5.5 backspace. I am having the rear end cut down a little also. That will have an effect on what backspacing you will need.

5.5 backspace is what i used when i did my minitub...stock axle, with billet specialities...

nate

Very nice! Lemme ask you guys a question. Is the mini tub typically part of the frame notch?? I mean I hear or read frame notch and I under stand what were doing there, I just hadn't thought about the minitub. Again hats off for a top notch job.

to capitalize on notching the frame, you need to do the minitub, otherwise the wheel well will be the limiting factor and not the frame...

Nate

Thank you......I understand completely. Is this the only way to get a 325 under the car? Looks so good.

Just got the car back today!!

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0608.JPG
    tn_IMG_0608.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 597
  • tn_IMG_0609.JPG
    tn_IMG_0609.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 594
  • tn_IMG_0610.JPG
    tn_IMG_0610.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 590
  • tn_IMG_0611.JPG
    tn_IMG_0611.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 595
more,

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0612.JPG
    tn_IMG_0612.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 594
  • tn_IMG_0613.JPG
    tn_IMG_0613.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 597
  • tn_IMG_0614.JPG
    tn_IMG_0614.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 588
  • tn_IMG_0615.JPG
    tn_IMG_0615.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 587
That looks great. That car is not sleepy any more. Its beautiful and looks drop dead seriously fast. Curious on how much time and money to do it. Don't post if you dont want, Id appreciate a PM if not. Its nice enough I'd consider the drive from FL.

Got any "before" pics to compare? Looks mean!

Oh, and with those brakes did you have to use a proportioning valve to adjust the pressure them or are they ok with those big tires as is?

Got any "before" pics to compare? Looks mean!

Oh, and with those brakes did you have to use a proportioning valve to adjust the pressure them or are they ok with those big tires as is?

Well the brakes feel pretty good to me, of course I have not really mashed on them yet as I am still braking the pads in.I have the stock proprotioning vavle on the car right now.

Here are some before pics fo the car.

Attachments

• tn_car 001.JPG
    tn_car 001.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 386
  • tn_car 004.JPG
    tn_car 004.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 373
Looks good.

Do you have enough room to drop the back down and inch or two? I think it would look killer a little lower.

I think I do, I would like it a little lower also, anyone have any suggestions on what springs I need to do this?

W-O-W!...That's simply THE nicest frame notch job I've seen to date, congrats! :eek: :smile:
I'm having mine done the exact same way, this coming spring by Brian Cotton. Thanks for sharing your pictures, I appreciate...Your car is going to be our ''reference'' to do mine! :biggrin:

Great job!

Claude :wink: