Billet Servo Clearance

SS/GN

I have a CK servo and just getting ready to install. I tried to call Chris but I think even he deserves a holiday:eek: When setting the clearance
1-do you leave both springs off ?
2-where do you put washers to take up clearance?
3- do you push enough on the cover so the band is tight and shaft does not move then add .060 clearance?

Thanks in advance

I've not used a ck but I did as you said in 3 with no springs or seals. What are you using for band material. I was told each material needs a different setup clearance. Not sure on washers. I used a sonnax and the end was filed down to get the clearance I used.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have CK band (black) and servo and it does not come with a pin and I have too much clearance. I took the large cushion spring out to check and am trying to decide to use washers or weld the tip up. My concern with washers is you change the spring rate when shimming. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about changing the spring rate but on my sonnax the pin is clipped in as far as I remember . I just had to file it down to get where i wanted.
Is there a number or something on the band? I'm guessing it is the carbon band. I was told to set it up tight with the carbon.
I set it up so I could get a .060 feeler between the retainer ring and the cover without springs and seals. Then took it apart, installed springs and seals, lubed it up and put it together. Then squirted air into the exhaust port on the pan rail to get it to apply. Seemed to work good so I put the rest of the valve body and such together.
Let us know how yours does.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app