Biggest tire without rubbing???

BarbeeT

Just starting
Whats the biggest tire I can run without rubbing on the inside,and frame???? I'll be running a 15x8.5 inch rim, looking to run some mt drag radials just need to know how big of a tire to get........ any help would be great!! Thanks

The WIDEST tire you can run without rubbing the frame is a MT 275/50/15 DR. The tire is mounted on a stock 7" GN rim. You can see by the pic, that the distance between the tire and frame ain't much.

Attachments

• tn_Picture 059.jpg
    tn_Picture 059.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 366
Well right now I have 275/50/15 bfg t/a on a 15x8.5 and it fits with just alittle space between the frame, but I dont know what the backspacing is. I just want to put m/t radials on the same rim, and not have any problems.

sounds good, then thats what im going to run, would rollin the the lip on the trim piece help????

Whats the biggest tire I can run without rubbing on the inside,and frame???? I'll be running a 15x8.5 inch rim, looking to run some mt drag radials just need to know how big of a tire to get........ any help would be great!! Thanks
Here are pics showing the room between the frame and tire using some 15"x10" with a rear spacing of 4.50" and some 275-60-15 tires...I had to put a 1/4" spacer on the left side as the rear axle is not perfectly centered under the car (by the way, it rarely is...:rolleyes: ). If you're using some 15"x8" wheels, then, the same tires as mine can be used with on a wheel that has 3.5" rear spacing...Hope this helps...

Claude. :)