Bigger front or Rear disc???

Call Jack Cotton for the Baer pricing hopefully he can help you save a few bucks.

Rick Elam at Baer can help you with the technical details with the systems and options.

I have been looking at choices for front brake upgrades.

It seems to me that a lot of people who talk about using different a-arms and spindles almost always have to do a little "fudging" to get things just right.

I think that for $645 the SSBC rotors and calipers that are a "direct" bolt on are the way to go.

It is not that I am afraid of doing the work, by my GN is my daily driver and I would hate to have it down while I try to get things to fit right.

see also:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=89502&referrerid=3922

Yeah that is were I'm going to get my rotors...But if there is nothing wrong with your rotors now I would just turn them and buy the calipers (and the calipers come with pads), and there ya go, good to go...you can always chage the rotors after you wear out the first pair of pads, then change them at the same time so they wear right.

I have the F-Body rotors up front. Brand new, less than 100 miles on em. Think I should upgrade the back to Baer, then in a year or so upgrade the front to a 13" Baer. I only drive my car about 3,000 miles a year. Hit the track about 2 times a year.

Nick

My rotors are toast. They are warped and cracked. Looks like I will be getting just the SP Performance rotors (diamond slotted) and some pads for now. I can wait to get the calipers.

I can't justify spending $200 - $400 on calipers right now if I don't need them.

When I do get them I will prolly go with the Aerospace four piston calipers. They are NICE. Not to expensive also.

Unless I'm missing something those look like drag race only kits designed to stop you ONE time, and that's it...The heavy duty kit I saw was for 2,400-3000 pounds...that's quiten a bit less then the average TR weighs.

AND...

I just received an email form aerospace this morning that their calipers are NOT a direct OEM replacement. You have to use their whole kit...

So, I am still doing just the SP Performance rotors for now.

Don't know what calipers to get or when I will get them...

one more time please guys!!

OK guys... hate to be repetative here but, which cars have interchangable rear discs?? I have done searching and have followed the links to other threads that involved the same talk.
-I am looking for STOCK rear discs that with very little to no modifying can be adapted.
-I would ideally like to head to the junkyard and get a set for cheap and install them fairly easily.
please do not suggest aftermarket brakes, thats not what I'm looking for currently, :)
thanx guys

Someone also posted this!?!?
Originally posted by Glen
go here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=259552&page=9

This has pics of the 98+ S type Blazer 2 wheel drive with dual piston caliper. It is installed on an earlier model s-10, but it is the same as ours.
:)

the third gens bolt right on? SWEET Hmm what if I rebuilt the calipers? is that their problem point? I rebuild my GP calipers ($11 for slider pins and some bearing grease and they were good to go) so if thats the prob I will go that direction.

I don't know exactly what the problem was, but it was quite common for the discs to have ALOT of rust on them because the calipers weren't applying any pressure.

Ryan