Big man with the SRT-4

well hey, if they are touting quarter mile times then you lucked out on your dealer! It says right in the handbook any racing or evidence thereof is an automatic powertrain warranty void. Ive just heard too many horror stories about voided warranties, never want to be one of those cause I got the extended bumper to bumper 7/70k. Ive had to use my warranty once to replace the tps which is a fairly common problem with these cars, so if your sons car ever starts having a rough idle for no good reason, check the tps, most likely the problem, mine was replaced at just under 2k miles. Either way, sounds like you guys got some quality tuning in there, great times for minimal mods, I'm not much of a tuner so I'm gonna slap stage 2 on, upgrade my exhaust and dp, got a sts, k&n drop in, ngk plugs and msd wires and I'm happy :D

What a sales person says to get a potential sale with what the service department will actually do may be quite different. Sounds strange huh....? :p

Originally posted by TT/A1233
What a sales person says to get a potential sale with what the service department will actually do may be quite different. Sounds strange huh....? :p
Back when our cars were new a local Buick dealers service department was racing a G.N. and they worked with the guys prettty good.;) A buddys cr had 27k on it and spun #2 rod bearing.He took it to the dealer and while they waited for a new short block to come in he took the heads and had them ported and polished and got a 200~200 cam thay reassembled it no questions asked!They also rebuilt the trans with Art Carr parts total cost was like a$125. If you get a dealer that wants to be a weenie you are going to have problems no matter what type of car or what problem you are having.
The reason I took a picture of the car at the dealer with 1/4 mile times on it was my position is if they want to promote it as performance car when it breaks usuing it AS advertised they damn well better stand behind it!

Originally posted by wishihadabuick
Either way, sounds like you guys got some quality tuning in there, great times for minimal mods,
Thanks! That means alot! Alot of pepole don't realize the amount of blood, $weat and tears it takes to SAFELY get the most out of your car without running on the ragged edge. We try with all of our cars to get the best performance with what we have and let the car live for another day!

Man I wish I could find someone to race me for $200, when I knew I would kill em.

I was under the impression that the Mopar parts wouldnt void the warranty. Of course racing would void it but how could they tell? Also if anyone gives you crap about your mods causing a problem and you know it didnt, bring up the Magnuson-Moss act.

Originally posted by Lazarus
Man I wish I could find someone to race me for $200, when I knew I would kill em.

I was under the impression that the Mopar parts wouldnt void the warranty. Of course racing would void it but how could they tell? Also if anyone gives you crap about your mods causing a problem and you know it didnt, bring up the Magnuson-Moss act.
I'm pretty familiar with that act, but the bottom line was stated above, if your dealer wants to be a weenie, they're gonna be a weenie and since dcx is bigger than me and they dont need my car as much as me, the liklihood of me getting the best of them in an incident where the M-M act should be brought into play is slim to none.