big gun shootout results at buick natl's

turbo-t

well guys and girls i am sorry to be late with this info ,but been very busy with alot of things here at the house.anyway here are the results and what happened to the best of my knowledge (i was there) watched the first (and only) round of the big gun shootout between the worlds fastest buicks!
due to breakage and some cars not ready yet:confused:we only had 4 cars in the shootout.:frown:i did not get the times they ran in the shootout itself but do have thier qualifying times they turned into me in order to be in the race.
1.gallina/duttweiller car (driven by lynn freeman 6.75 @ 205.94 mph :eek:
2.john schmidt (the riviera) 7.19 @ 184.75 mph he went 7.10 later
3.ALVIN (BIG AL) Isacowitz 7.53 @ 184.55 mph
4.jim rock (driven by mike booher) 8.15 @ 136.58 (went mid 7's later)
5.category-6 ( Bobby Don) 8.32 @ 162.68
bobby don elected to run the quick-16 due to car being down on power :mad:

the first two down the track were freeman& booher
booher got the hole shot,car ran really well,freeman used the whole 1/4 to catch him,freeman won,but put a rod through the block and was through for the day.
the final two in round one were big al & john schmidt
both cars staged but schmidt had problems rightaway due to no co2 goining to the boost controller.big al advanced.

here's when racing luck either reaches out and bites you or bless's you.
because freeman could not make the final call big al was declared the winner.

he received $1,000.00 cash dollars and a beautiful 5 foot trophy:cool:
freeman won $500.00 and very nice 3 foot trophy ;)
the two runner-ups received $200.00 cash each

i wanna thank all of you who showed up and tried your best to win this coveted title of "the worlds fastest buick doorslammer"
who will it be next year?
we can only wait:cool:

bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick) :biggrin:

Len Freeman 6.751 @ 205.94 mph Youtube

6.751 @ 205.94 mph

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXE-iEHvyo[/YOUTUBE]

It needs to be known to everyone that Bobby Don paid for the trophies and did ALL of the payouts OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. That's over $2000 counting the trophies! Talk about giving back to the community!! Thanks for all you do Bobby. I'll see you in Reynold's

I defenetly second that!! Bobby your a great guy!! We appreciate all you did , and have done in the past. Thanks Mike:cool:

Awesome guy Bobby! Glad to see John got the Riviera running good, he tried to kill himself in that thing in Noble on the 16th :eek::eek::eek:

But 7.10s at 184 is just wild. Congrats.

Awesome guy Bobby! Glad to see John got the Riviera running good, he tried to kill himself in that thing in Noble on the 16th :eek::eek::eek:

But 7.10s at 184 is just wild. Congrats.

I talked to him after the Noble run and talked him into running his air pressure much lower in the rear tires. I believe he went from 7.5 to 6# and that seemed to help him on the big end. It was great to see him finally get some good runs in , Im sure he needed it!! I have to question the 7.15 & 7.10 runs because of his short times ( .740's ) but I hope he can make it to Reynolds and do it again to clear the air on this , at least on my part. Mike:cool:

I talked to him after the Noble run and talked him into running his air pressure much lower in the rear tires. I believe he went from 7.5 to 6# and that seemed to help him on the big end. It was great to see him finally get some good runs in , Im sure he needed it!! I have to question the 7.15 & 7.10 runs because of his short times ( .740's ) but I hope he can make it to Reynolds and do it again to clear the air on this , at least on my part. Mike:cool:

In Noble he and Bones and Jack Cotton all ran in the same lane, and all of them lost it at the big end. I think it might have had more to do with the fact that my buddy blew his motor up and knocked a hole in the pan down there. Either way, glad he kept it straight, that car is too nice to not stay shiny side up.