Big enough for you?

Azrial89

This is a picture of the air conditioning turbine on our HC-130J Rescue Bird, the plane went to the white sands to take part in some exercises and while they were on the ground, they left the AC on which in turn clogged all the associated equipment with the powdered sugar like sand. Makes ours look like kid toys. That is roughly a 6 inch pipe off to the left of the photo

image-2367009961.jpg

Just looked up the price. One will run you (US Government Prices) $51,062.49 so for your twin set up it'll be $102,194.98... So just make it a cool 103 and I can snag you two... Those are Turbobuick.com member prices :)

How long have the J's been out? I used to work HC-130 P/N out of Eglin (9th SOS) a bunch of years ago.

Scott Atk said:
How long have the J's been out? I used to work HC-130 P/N out of Eglin (9th SOS) a bunch of years ago.

They have been around since the mid 90's but the marines got the majority of the early ones outfitted as KC-130J's. We have been phasing out our old 1960's P models and ABCCC E models since 2009 and acquired or first J about a year and a half ago . We lucked out even though we are a small tenant rescue unit of Moody AFB placed at Davis-Monthan AFB, to get the very first of the HC-130(H/M)J's along with Kirtland AFB. We have our full fleet now of 6 J's and the possibility for more in the future. Night and Day difference from the old work horses of yesteryear!!!

LMAO!

Ya know whats funny.......... is when the Shuttle Columbia made an emergency landing here at White Sands in the 80s they had the same thing happen, this fine fine desert sand got into everything and ruined it! They vowed to never unless they have too.... land at the White Sands Space Harbor again.

You should see what that dirt does to cars...... Building engines round here means you have to time having your parts and the weather just to do it. I built one engine, INSIDE in a climate controlled area.... on a windy day.... tore the engine back down because I forgot to safety wire the oil pump and there was a fine layer of that desert sand inside.

a day outside in the wind means your shower at night looks like a mud puddle.