big electrical issue, need help

ThebigbadWolF

ok so I just got a GN, hell yeahhhh.

now onto fixing some of the minor stuff....

I have a pretty large electrical issue and I am not sure if its just best to buy a harness or try to fix it. I am pretty good with a wrench, just new to the car.

anyways here goes,

first thing first, I have no brake lights. However when I turn the head lights on, I now have brake lights.

IF I HOLD THE BRAKES the head lights will dim, flicker, and turn off turn on.

I have no blinkers, no dash light. I don't know if the blinker turns on, but it for sure does not flash. At one point I was able to see the blinker light on the dash, but no flash. I assume its a relay or flasher under the dash, but again I don't know enough about these cars yet.

I know this is a cluster, but I need some diagrams so I can first trace the brake lights.

thanks guys

Did the car sit outside for a long time ??
It sounds like corrosion. Ck the plug connections.
Firewall under the booster in the trunk. And on the column. Then ck the grounds
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look for a headlight ground (on a ring terminal) around the battery that's disconnected first.

Did the car sit outside for a long time ??
It sounds like corrosion. Ck the plug connections.
Firewall under the booster in the trunk. And on the column. Then ck the grounds
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

again I am somewhat new, are these connections in the trunk or around the front of the car next to the firewall?

the car did not sit outside, I think its a mixed issue, I am going to test/replace the alt. I want to do an upgrade to the wiring, is there like a big 3 upgrade for these cars?

Where on the column should I check? above the pedals? I don't know if the previous owner attempted to wire some stuff up, there is an after market stereo that is not wires right either, it displays errors check wires but that's only with the head lights on. I found that odd.

thanks for all your help guys, ill post up some pics later or if anyone has any wiring diagrams so I can check the correct wiring