Big Block in Grand National

buickman69 said:
I hate GM/LOVE BUICK, doesn't mean I have to give a flying **** about GM!

Mopar isn't Buick...DUH......@ least it isn't a POS chevy... :rolleyes:
how much money you got to put up against my pos chevy?pick one below and let me know,o ya that includes my gm/buick :biggrin:

Oh, if I had the money & my dream-car Buick 350 model A street-rod on nitrous together "I'd-kick-dat-butt-1-good-time" :biggrin:

I think if it's your car do what you want to with it. I wouldn't run a turbo smallblock in my gn but i would in another body basically for aerodynamics sake. I like the stage stuff but let's be real here, it costs a LOT to run stage stuff versus chevy. I can hop on racingjunk and find a very nice chevy shortblock all set up for big boost for under $10k easy. Not going to happen with a stage engine. I am a die hard stage supporter but I don't let that get in the way of realizing what a built full race chevy small block with even a single 94mm turbo can make hp-wise, which is an easy 1700+. I love all drag stuff and the new technology coming out is awesome. Different strokes for different folks, whatever makes you happy is what you should pursue, my $.02. :)

tommynos said:
buick 350 :biggrin: that is like the biggest pile of crap out there,imo, and to even compare it to a sbc :rolleyes:
Let's see. Since the Buick V6 architecture is based directly on the Buick V8, which, according to you is the biggest pile of crap out there, that would make the V6 the biggest pile of crap minus 25%. :rolleyes:

Yep, the Turbo Regal's crappy reputation supports your claim perfectly.
rolleyes.gif

buickman69 said:
OH I believe that a chevy is cheaper to build than a Buick, everyone in the trailer-park knows that!
No-way your 350 will make more HP than a Buick with the cost equation-out!

That's what "Going Fast With Class" is all about! BUICK POWER!

& I'm a loyal Buick enthusiast, could care-less about turbos. :)

"Fast with Class" ..on nitrous? LMFAO.. Fast with class is a turbo buick signature, not a V8 buick. Fast with class was the motto for the quite, subtle, 20+mpg, turbo cars of the 80s... Not Big Cube, loud, obnoxious, V8powered buicks... and certainly Nitrous could only be considered "classy" by the trailor parks you speak off.

And my SBC is a budget build, but I will still make more power than the 1100 hp Buick motor you mentioned, and if the cost equation was out, then consider the fact that the worlds fastest stock suspension G-Body is a WE4 ttype.... with a twin turbo SBC... How many buick powered, stock suspension 10" tire cars are in the 7s?????

Flame on! Just try not to get your mullet in a bunch! ;)

turbocliff said:
"Fast with Class" ..on nitrous? LMFAO.. Fast with class is a turbo buick signature, not a V8 buick. Fast with class was the motto for the quite, subtle, 20+mpg, turbo cars of the 80s... Not Big Cube, loud, obnoxious, V8powered buicks... and certainly Nitrous could only be considered "classy" by the trailor parks you speak off.
Hate to burst your bubble but "Going Fast with Class" does have its origins from the V8 Buicks. The GS Club began using that as their motto before Turbo Buicks were part of the club. It came about not because of noise levels but from the fact that the typical GS was better appointed with comfort and convenience options then the brand x machines.

MeanBuicks said:
Let's see. Since the Buick V6 architecture is based directly on the Buick V8, which, according to you is the biggest pile of crap out there, that would make the V6 the biggest pile of crap minus 25%. :rolleyes:

Yep, the Turbo Regal's crappy reputation supports your claim perfectly.
rolleyes.gif
no my 6 is good on gas,very quite too..AND IS TURBO CHARGED :rolleyes: ..and was built,from the factory to woop the stock buick 350s and even stock sbc,and for that it has earned a spot in my collection..i am not a full hearted buick guy at all,but love my gn..im a chevy guy and still would never polute the underneath of MY hood with a sbc,even tho its under all my other hoods..i dont know where fast with class came from,but a 6 that is very quite and runs 10s is, imo, fast with class...the tr cars are no doubt a collector for many reasons,one is going fast with a six..

MeanBuicks said:
Hate to burst your bubble but "Going Fast with Class" does have its origins from the V8 Buicks. The GS Club began using that as their motto before Turbo Buicks were part of the club. It came about not because of noise levels but from the fact that the typical GS was better appointed with comfort and convenience options then the brand x machines.

Well from what I understand, the only time Buick used this credo, was in advertising by dealerships promoting the 84-87 turbo buicks... The GS club was founded in 1982, and I don't know if they added the credo later, or if they were using it when the club was founded??? I suspect the GS club adopted it after 1984, but before they allowed turbo buicks... In any case, my real point to buickman69 id that there's nothing "classy" about a nitrous car....

turbocliff said:
Well from what I understand, the only time Buick used this credo, was in advertising by dealerships promoting the 84-87 turbo buicks... The GS club was founded in 1982, and I don't know if they added the credo later, or if they were using it when the club was founded??? I suspect the GS club adopted it after 1984, but before they allowed turbo buicks... In any case, my real point to buickman69 id that there's nothing "classy" about a nitrous car....
Mean Buicks is right, "Fast with Class" has NOTHING to to with turbo Buicks!

Sorry to burst your bubble again but a fast Buick V8 on nitrous that kicks the crap out of a turbo car, running CONSISTENT without all the tuning problems & BS of a turbo car IS class enough for me, & BEST of all it's a BUICK going "Fast With Class" which is all that matters.

Nitrous is a power adder just like a turbo.

Ronnie, how many V8 Buicks do or have you owned? I see you sing their praises and knock the TR's but I have yet seen a post where you have/or had a V8? I understand you want to be respected as a loyal Buick man but you don't have to degrade the cars that this forum is geared towards. BTW, I like and respect the GS's and GSX's but can't comment on them as I haven't owned one yet.

WH1 said:
Ronnie, how many V8 Buicks do or have you owned? I see you sing their praises and knock the TR's but I have yet seen a post where you have/or had a V8? I understand you want to be respected as a loyal Buick man but you don't have to degrade the cars that this forum is geared towards. BTW, I like and respect the GS's and GSX's but can't comment on them as I haven't owned one yet.

I've had 2 turbo Buicks & 4 V8 Buicks & they are all long-gone!

Next project is a '32 model A Ford "John-Boy-Walton" car with 850hp Buick 350 (on nitrous), Fab 9 rear-end, coil-over/ladder-bar suspension, yada, yada, yada..weighing about 2,600lbs with my lard-@zz in it. Should be a LOW 10 car on motor (hopefully 9.99 1/4 mile on motor)

I'm not putting turbo Buicks down, I'm a Buick guy! If I could STEAL a mint, low mileage T with t-tops i'd love to have 1 as a cruiser..

Com 'on guys there all Buicks no matter what year, engine size etc. And to degrade either one on this board or the V8 Board is a disgrace! PERIOD

Save your rage for the Brand X boys. And this is from a guy that owns both Gs & GN and hell if I could have a 53 Skylark or a 65 Rivi or a 99 Ultra, I would take them all!

Bleeding Buick blood in Texas!

I would say, since it is your car and it's your choice, do whatever you want with it.

I am not going to let anyone stop me from putting a BBC into the GNX I found with a blown engine. Hey, it is my choice isn't it? It's my body and it's solely my choice, right? I think it's covered under Rowe v. Wade or something like that. It's not a baby, it's just an abortion. LOL, J/k guys