BFG G-Force

Polecat

Just getting ready to purchase some rubber for my newly re-finished rims. I want to buy BFG G Force Summer Sport tires in the following tire sizes front 245-50-16's and rear 255-50-16's. I recently heard mention that there might be possible rubbing problems with the 255's in the rear and that it should be 245's all the way around the car.

The rims are all front GTA rims, the car is completely stock and I have no plans to do any mods to the car (87 GN). Has anybody experienced any problems with placing 255's on the rear? I was going to place an order on-line for the tires. Any recommended sellers or bad experiences that anybody wants to share?

Any tips or advice for a new guy would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Just getting ready to purchase some rubber for my newly re-finished rims. I want to buy BFG G Force Summer Sport tires in the following tire sizes front 245-50-16's and rear 255-50-16's. I recently heard mention that there might be possible rubbing problems with the 255's in the rear and that it should be 245's all the way around the car.

The rims are all front GTA rims, the car is completely stock and I have no plans to do any mods to the car (87 GN). Has anybody experienced any problems with placing 255's on the rear? I was going to place an order on-line for the tires. Any recommended sellers or bad experiences that anybody wants to share?

Any tips or advice for a new guy would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

I run 255s rear, and its all dependent on your wheels back spacing. I have no issues at all.

Thanks for the info guys, this weekend I ordered 2 - 245-50-16 and 255-50-16's. Discount tire has a promotion on right now and when you buy four tires you get a 70.00 mail in rebate.

Haha wish me luck guys I just got the same tires (BFG gforce sports) but I got my rears in 275/40/17 and fronts as 215/40/17. On stock rims I have 26/11.5/15 MT's that rub very little on the frame rail when hot so I am getting a rim with 6mm offset to fix that however the MT's are .5-.75 inches wdier than the 275's so hopefully they wont rub also. I have seen some other guys on here tunning 275 rears with no problems. Long story short I guess I am trying to say you should have no problem with your 255's. I too got mine on sale from Tire Rack!! Should be here thurs or fri I hope. Good luck!!