Beware of this ebayer

87 grills did not have the buick name on top-only in small emblem near lower right side. its a 86 grill that has been painted all black over where the top chrome was and down the center.

You're right, but either way he got ripped off. I would be really pissed.:mad: People suck sometimes, for sure.

I sent him a question:
"Actually I would be disappointed with this item as it is a painted 86 grill, not an 87. The 87 grill didn't have "Buick" in the top portion. The 86 grill did but the top part was chrome as was the center grill tooth. Not sure you were aware of this. Just trying to help."
Will be interesting to see if he responds.

I've been buying and selling on eBay for a long time now and I've seen people like this. They know what a mint 87 grill would be worth.. so he paints up one that looks like it IE: This 86 grill and uses very careful wording. That takes you away from it being painted and an 86 grill. IE: Prestine,Solid,Jet Black,Removed from an 87,and well you can read the rest. These key words get him off the hook and get you a painted 86 grill. With the way he worded it if you bid on this thing and pay the price that a mint 87 would go for it's your own fault. There is really nothing wrong with this auction or seller other then he's trying to bend the auction in everyway he can to max out his money on this grill. Look at his feedback and you can tell he's a pro! This seller knows how to max out his eBay dollar! He wants the adverage Joe who don't know all that much about our cars to go "WOW that's a mint like new grill for my GN! Let me drop a $200 bid on it!" This is used on eBay allot because sooner or later.. someone who don't know about all the resorces here on the boards will buy it. I mean heck, at the price it's at now it's a decent deal for a clean 86 grill! :cool:

Originally posted by F-1
Beware of the grill.. I just got my "perfect" Grand National Tail lights in that I paid top dollar for and they were regal lights (chrome trim) painted Black.. Look the grill pictures.. Looks like everything was painted...And it is not even an '87.. I would ask more questions if I were You....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=7973468846&rd=1

On your tail lights. I just was looking at the auction and I would go up his a$$ on those. If they were chrome painted ones and you could tell, try getting a refund thru PayPal if you used that option. I'm sure as this is a seller who knows what stuff in mint condition goes for and trys to make his stuff appear that way, you should be able to bust him as they never came in chrome and you could just say he painted them. I like how he put in the auction "Should possibly fit others,from 1981 to 1987?Please compare!!" That line to me would have been the first red flag and I would have never bid on them. If someone has a mint set of tail lights they do not state that stuff. He also says "You are bidding on this FINE Pair of rear tail lights,from Buick Grand National" Notice his wording.. "from" Buick GN. That means if you bitch at him all he has to say is "hey I took them off a 87 GN" Another key word that would scare me. If they were the real deal he would have said "FOR" instead of "from" He also drops the old "e-mail me for more info" Also clearing him.. he can say well the buyer never e-mailed me to confirm they were not painted ones.

All in all it sucks and you have been burned by a eBay seller that happens all the time on there. I've been burned a few times so I feel your pain. I'm just pointing some of these shadey facts out so you and others who don't know much about eBay can learn this stuff. It's ashame but it happens all the time on there. I've screamed at eBay.. their site is nothing but a heaven for crooks and dishonest bussinees men and women! :mad:

Thanks for the pointers Jim.. I even called the guy and asked them if they were repainted.. He said they were because they were faded.. I said they were chrome or black, he said “faded black” My a$$… Anyway the lenses are in great shape except for he never took the time to separate the lenses from the housing to paint it.. He just masked them off and there is over spray on the lenses.. Funny thing is, I bought 2 other items from him and they were exactly as described.. So I gave him good feedback..(Stupid on my part) I really liked the lenses (not housings) and he agreed to send me another part I needed and some money back.. I was happy with that, but He wanted me to give him good feedback before He did anything.. I finally was fed up and said just send me my money back and I will send the lenses back to you.. But he want’s me to send the parts back first and then He will send me the money… How do I trust that? Then he threatened to give me 3 bad feedbacks If I gave him one on the lights.. I am giving him 2 weeks to send me the part and money refund he promised and if he doesn’t… He will get bad feedback.. I have a great record with ebay and it’s a shame he will give me 3 negatives.. but ebay is not my business and it will give me more satisfaction to give him one!

I am just having bad luck with used parts.. I also bought a “billet regulator” from the board that when I received it ended up being a “billet top”.. Then when I installed it, it leaked gas everywhere at the seam where the billet met the factory parts..

Dave

Ouch! Sorry to hear all this Dave! NP on the pointers I've been burned before so I know your pain.. This guy is a eBay scum. Did you use PayPal? Sometimes you can contact them and get your money back. Another service I used a few times is www.squaretrade.com you can e-mail them with what's going on and they will let you know what you can do. The say part is eBay has turned into a money hungry company and don't give one crap about the bidder. If they have someone who is selling a ton of stuff all the time and spending money with them, they will protect them.
As far as sending your stuff back to get a refund there is a few issues here.. One he is in Canada. If you send them back and customs opens the box they will charge him taxes on the lens. Even tho your sending them to him they will put a value on it and tax him. I sent a friends CD player back to him that he owned for several years and left here on a visit and they charged him 15 bucks in taxes! Damn Canada! Anyways there is allot of stuff not in your favor being he's in another country. As you see he is worried about that feedback. He knows once you blast him it's over. He won't do anything for you. Just have to feel him out and see what you can agree on.
I had a guy screw me out of 500 circuit board on eBay some years ago. We went at it for about 7 months.. when I sent him a picture of my plane ticket to come see him along with a mapquest link to his house he refunded my money real quick. I told him I'd be on his door step to collect my money. The wonders of an old plane ticket and Photoshop! :D I'm sure he tossed his shorts out after that e-mail.
Well good luck with this creep and keep us informed. At least people can come on the boards and stay away from him. Make sure you post it on all the boards in the turbo buick world!

If you have a copy of the email where he threatens you I would send that along to ebay. They say (nudge wink) that threats are not tolerated. You also have a chance to reply to any negative feedback he gives you to further blast him. IMO, it is a win win for you (feedback wicse anyway). You will just end up with some hollow negatives that lead to nothing but bad for him. You have the right to get your money back for the lights because they were blatenly misrepresented. Pursue this so others don't get the same treatment.