Best way to drain the fuel tank?

ttafan

What's the easiest way to drain the fuel tank through the fuel rail? Is there a way to ground out a wire going to the pump like you can with the A/C fan? Thanks.

[SUP]there's also a fuel pump test circuit by the alternator... [green i believe] - just put power to it by "hot wiring" to the stud on the back of the alternator and pump the gas through the fuel rail..... of course you will have to remove the the shraeder valve from the fuel rail and hopefully attach a hose so you can pump it out into a fuel jug..... ATR used to make a kit when they were still in business....

hth

aaron
[/SUP]

Well the only reason I know for sure, I used this thread to drain my pump gas and add E85, just finished my E85 conversion! :)

I don't think the TTA has the test circuit wire behind the alt like the Regals do?? Never noticed it before, but the fuel pump relay is right there on the firewall so I've always just unplugged the relay and jumped the wires there with a paper clip.

I don't think the TTA has the test circuit wire behind the alt like the Regals do?? Never noticed it before, but the fuel pump relay is right there on the firewall so I've always just unplugged the relay and jumped the wires there with a paper clip.

You can also hook a hose up to the fuel rail, and start the car. I wouldn't run the tank dry though. I did on mine, and it killed the fuel pump. Pump was only about a year old