Best Tire for Stock GN

thanks for the suggestion but for the price:eek: I'll stay with my BFGs.........at least for now

I decided to go with the 235/60's all around on both vehicles. The Cooper Cobra is only available with a T rating and I was looking for a V rated or at least an H rated. I do not know what others have seen, but it was difficult finding 15" H or V rated tires. I was told you cannot get the BFG Comp TA any longer in 235/60. Put the Yokohama AVS Intermediate on the GN but those are no longer available in 235/60. Went with the Michelin Pilot XGT H4 in 235/60 on the T but they were hard to get.

NOSJohn can get the Michelin's for ya at reasonable prices.

I just bought a pair. Gonna use them with Nittos on the back.

Tough to find good 235/60/15 tires these days. I really wanted the Yoko's.

Fuzzy,

How do you like the Cooper Cobras. I had Cobras on another car but I think there are several types, I had the lower end ones. How are the AVS-I's.

I have seen the AVS dB, it looks neat but I am not sure how good it is.

Has anyone noticed how crappy Goodyear OEM tires are? I mean they tarnish the whole brand name making such crap. Also with most brands if you pay 50% more you get 50% more. With Goodyear you pay 50% more you maybe 3% more for your money until to buy top of the line. I just tossed some Goodyears out Eagle GS, talk about junk, in the rain they would slide constantly, in the dry the were barely competant.

Replaced the Cooper Cobra GT's with the Michelin's on the T. The Michelin's handle better, grip more in that rain and are H rated. The Cooper's were cheaper but seemed to have a harder feel. The Yokohama's were cheaper than the Michelin and are V rated. After putting them on the GN, I wanted another set but could not find any so I went with the Michelin's.