Best time of year...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
To buy a new car? The wife's CTS is 6 years old, going on 7 and she wants a new one. Just saw that GM has a $2000 incentive that runs out Monday. Alas too soon, as I need to do some research first...

Even if it cost 2k extra, keep her happy if possible. It's only money and divorces are expensive and suck!!

There's no hurry, just looking to time the purchase for a deal. Or more importantly, not get shafted...

Don't ever think you as a buyer are getting a deal when buying a new auto, your not, no one ever is, its just the job of the dealer to make you think you are.

Don't ever think you as a buyer are getting a deal when buying a new auto, your not, no one ever is, its just the job of the dealer to make you think you are.

Right, exactly why I hate buying a new car! Signed up for TrueCar.com and got a couple offers for $7k off sticker. We will see...

You can get decent deals on new 2015's right now, but I wonder if it's worth it. Once you drive off lot it's already a year old. I suppose if you are going to put 100k on it, it really doesn't matter.
Been pricing out Dodge Grand Caravans recently and the difference in incentives is only 500 between 2015 and 2016.
Joker salesman tried telling me there is no room to budge on price since they are already giving me 3k off. That's 3k off from Dodge!

them new Cadi's are BJ's on wheels for sure but buying new is insane imo. but one a year old. u get hosed wen u buy new. not only do u pay more new but wen the car is 6 years old it won't be worth much more then a car a year older but ull sure as hell pay a lot more wen buying a car a year newer. but if u got money to burn then buy new....:smuggrin:

Wow truecar has 7k in rebates........No matter how they disguise it it's either 10k off at a ok percentage or sticker and 0 percent....been raping us for years with the same crap

I have always found the best value to be a 1-2 year old car with 20-30k miles. I usually keep them at least 5 years.

I work at a dealer and I can tell you the people who are smartest with their money are buying 2-3 year old off lease vehicles and running them till the cost of repairs outweighs another car payment, usually 8-10 years. Cheaper price, cheaper sales tax, cheaper property tax, probably cheaper insurance as well. But these are run of the mill appliances and the type of people who don't care about minor dings and wear cause they're going to use them as the appliances that they are. If you cringe at the sight of a door ding or scratch you should consider yourself a new car customer and should shop accordingly. Nothing pisses me off more than a customer nitpicking a 3 year old ex rental car. You want new? They're over there, for a premium. I do what I can to spiff up the used inventory but they'll never be perfect.

I used to have to buy used and was always disappointed. Now that I don't have to, I choose to buy new. We take better care of our stuff than the average person. Looking at our 6 year old, aside from a a few paint chips from stones, you'd have a hard time telling it from new. Local dealer wouldn't even call me back when he heard "truecar", gotta hike down the pike to Houston, where they are not afraid to deal. They found what I wanted in Missouri, now to do the dealing part.

It's rough, gotta buy a VSport to get decent options and NO sunroof. Now the wife'll have to get used to driving a 420 HP twin-turbo...