Best Spring Compressor

I'm gonna rent one from Advance. They said their 'loaner' tools are pretty heavy duty in comparison with what they have on the shelf. I hope they're right, because the $34 internal spring compressor they had on the shelf did NOT inspire a lot of confidence.:eek:

Good luck with that. I've rented them before and the threaded rod will not clear. I don't know what the Strap On design looks like but none of the tools from Carquest, Advanced or AZ would work for my application. I thought they were built well enough,..just not correct for use on our cars.

I'm gonna rent one from Advance. They said their 'loaner' tools are pretty heavy duty in comparison with what they have on the shelf. I hope they're right, because the $34 internal spring compressor they had on the shelf did NOT inspire a lot of confidence.:eek:

If we don't hear back from you, we'll know what happened.

If we don't hear back from you, we'll know what happened.
Rumors of my demise are highly exaggerated;) . I used the jack method to get the springs out. It worked fine but I used a long pry bar to get the bottom of the spring out of the LCA pocket. The ONLY time I plan to use the spring compressor is to get it compressed enough to install the new springs. The loaner ball joint press worked surprisingly good to get the old ball joints out. New ball joints and LCA bushings are in the freezer.:cool: