Best sounding mufflers

Its quieter than everybodies v-8s and two chamber flowmasters. yes I have two S.S. running the length of the car and exiting in the stock location. there is a hell of a drone around 1800 rpm though. But Ive heard that can be eliminated, though I havent tried it my self;)

I just replaced my rusted [alluminized] ATR Pitbulls w/ Edelbrock
RPM stainless steel mufflers [p/n 350-5500]. The mufflers are an exact replacement for the Pitbulls. This is on an ATR SS 2.5" w/ THDP & no cat. These stainless muffs are cheaper than the standard Pitbull!! ;)

Sound level is slightly lower/less drone w/ the RPM muffs. This is my daily driver and I want to have it quitter. Anyone have experience with adding a muffler where the cat used to be. How much did this reduce the sound level and what type of muff did you use. I was thinking of putting in a glass pack type bullet muffler?! Any ideas.

Thanx,
Istvan
'86 GNAT [orig owner]
'87 Regal T w/ turbo [daily driver]

A single straight through mufffler in place of the cat is my next thing to do once the car is running again. There was a pretty long thread a long time ago and most people reported it cut down the the drone pretty effectively as well as quieting the entire rpm range a bit. I'm really going for the stock appearing and sounding theme now.

I have the single 3" ATR Stainless Steel exhaust with a test pipe.
Nice little rumble at idle, roars at WOT, and at cruising speeds around 2000-3000rpms it has a bit of drone to it. I guess it can get annoying but I'm used to V8's with long tube headers and chambered exhausts anyhow so it doesn't bother me one bit. :)