Best size for ET streets and wheel?

josh young

About to get some tires and wheels for the GN so it will hook. I am leaning towards the 255/60/15 Mickey Thompson ET streets for the rear. I'm either going to get some Centerline Telstar, Weld, or Pacer wheels. I thought the Telstars were a lot lighter than the pacers, but from what I've read there is only about a half pound difference. The centerlines are kind of hard to find and pricey too for the marginal weight saved.

Basically I have a couple questions:
What backspacing do I need on stock setup on rear for the 15x8's is 4 and 4 good?
What are you guys running for tires on the front? Going with 15x7 in the front.
Is the 255/60/15 good for stock setup with no clearence issues?

Thanks guys, all info. is greatly appriciated.

15x8 with 4 inch backspacing and a 275 will fit nice.
I run a 3.5 backspace and it works, but an extra 1/2 inch would put it right under the car just perfect.

I run Centerline Tel Star 15x8 with a 4" back spacing. They fit great with the 275/65R15 MT drag radials, and would work great for your application also.

About to get some tires and wheels for the GN so it will hook. I am leaning towards the 255/60/15 Mickey Thompson ET streets for the rear. I'm either going to get some Centerline Telstar, Weld, or Pacer wheels. I thought the Telstars were a lot lighter than the pacers, but from what I've read there is only about a half pound difference. The centerlines are kind of hard to find and pricey too for the marginal weight saved.

Basically I have a couple questions:
What backspacing do I need on stock setup on rear for the 15x8's is 4 and 4 good?
What are you guys running for tires on the front? Going with 15x7 in the front.
Is the 255/60/15 good for stock setup with no clearence issues?

Thanks guys, all info. is greatly appriciated.
275/60/15 with 4"bs and aluminum drums fit perfectly on my car