best replacement for fog lights?

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I'm sure some of you have replaced your fog lights with aftermarket ones. Which ones did you use and how hard was the swap? I'm thinking of getting the ones from Wal-Mart. They look just like the originals, but mount differently and you have to do some wiring mods. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have used the lights you are talking about from wal-mart. They cost around $20 for the pair if I remember correctly. They may look a lot like the stock ones but they are not as good. First off you can not swap the housings. The cases are made different, the $20 jobs are plastic, not metal like the stockers, and the mounts can not be swaped. The glass lens will not work on the stock housings since it has a thicker edge/lip. Even if you use the hold downs from the new ones they still do not fit right. Yes you could grind your stock housings down to make it work but you have turned a fog light replacement in to an all out project at that point. I would hunt Ebay or take GMV6TURBOPOWER up on his offer for a set. I see good used pairs show up on Ebay for $30 - $50. I have an extra set myself in the even I ever need to replace one. Good luck.

So GMV6, what are you asking for the fog light assemblies and what shape are they in? I may only need a light for the driver's side as the passenger side works fine, but would be interested in a nice pair as back-ups.