Best machine shop/engine builder in metroplex?

coldair85GN

fast85GN
Just wanted to get some opinions on builders in the immediate metroplex area that know how to Build a Buick V-6 properly. I am not wanting a stock rebuild. I have several things I am wanting done and want to know that the work is being done by someone with experience. Please discuss.
Oh yeah...by immediate metroplex I mean within a hundred or so miles of Dallas/Ft-Worth. If necessary please PM me.

Jack Laswell at International Motorcars in Rowlett, 972-412-7280. Many local club members take their cars there, his storage shop is full of TRs. You can trust that he treats every car like his own and keeps it inside. Has built several Buick motors and trannies I know of that are 10 sec capable.

Jeff, is this build for your 85? Have you called Jack? I'm not sure what machine shop he uses? But there is just not a lot of TR shops in DFW as you already know.
When are you going to join the club again?? We have some events coming up.

Yes David, this is for my 85 which I damaged at Noble in 2002 or was it 2003? I've had several financial blows over the last 3 years that put the car on hold, but started putting back cash so I wouldnt spend it until I had enough to get the car done. I would like to put together a mid 10 capable combo if possible using as much of what I already have as I can. I am sure I will probably go over my ideal budget of 5 grand considering I have to buy a turbo AND rebuild the engine..and I have decided I will not cut many corners so I dont have to do it again anytime soon.

Parts I will reuse:
CAS V-4 stock location intercooler, Hans Feustel (sp?) ported heads, ported intake, upper Plenum, RJC spacer, downpipe and exhaust, Vigilante converter, and the tranny Larry helped me build.

I am debating whether to girdle and cap the block with steel caps or just use one or the other, and I am considering converting to a roller cam and rocker setup. I know I have high hopes for this car based on the budget I have which is why I am looking for the best bang for the buck work and possibly used parts as well. Will I go mid 10's after the engine build?...prolly not because I still need bigger injectors and modded ECM as well as chips and tuning. The list just gets longer and longer of what I need to do to do what I want and I am just trying to determine what I really NEED rather than just installing parts to see what happens.

I use Max Long,he owns Warehouse auto parts in Irving.He does really good work and he does it for a fair price.

He has done the machine work for a few of the King of the hill guy's and some TT5 guy's too.

He is a racer himself and he is an honest guy.He did the machine work on my 500 RWHP 4.1 factory block,he just recently machined another for me.

RayMac racing engines

Ray Little 817-568-8822

He built my short block in my gn. 525 rwhp for over 2 years and no problems. He use to build indy lights (stage 2), and later worked at Reir Morrison for many years.

Ask how long it's going to take, he always booked to the max.

128 Coin St.
Ft. Worth Tx