Best Fuel pump for our GNs??

Black Sunshine

Slacker
Hello, I am strongly considering replacing my single pump with a double pump setup. I see Gbody and Full Throttle sell the reactronix one. Are there any other ones I should consider and where would I find them?

Thank you

Black Sunshine said:
Hello, I am strongly considering replacing my single pump with a double pump setup. I see Gbody and Full Throttle sell the reactronix one. Are there any other ones I should consider and where would I find them?

Thank you

Oh boy! Here we go again with the fuel pump debate!!!! ;-)

OHH BOY
Another brand is Reds double pump set up.
do a search for them off of this site to find a dealer.
Or PM me asking for the info and ill reply other wise just do a search.
Good luck.

I did a search for Red's and only found one thread from this year. I didn't know if there were some new options out there. Also couldn't figure out really what the difference was between Reds and the Racetronix setup other than slight price difference.

Are they both plug and play or is the Racetronix one the only one that comes with plug and play harness? Do they both use similar quality pumps?

Are they both plug and play or is the Racetronix one the only one that comes with plug and play harness? Do they both use similar quality pumps?

Search. I'm pretty sure Red's and Racetronix both use Walbro's. They seem to have differing philosophies concerning the way to mod the relief valve on the pumps. I've heard that Racetronix is supplied with stainless hardware and beefed up wiring. I specifically remeber a thread where all this was discussed because some guy was upset because Racetronix was "bashing" Red's pump. Really all they were doing was touting their setup over Red's!! I'd say search for threads containing "Racetronix" or threads that they've participated in. They are an active supporting member on the board and are frequently online. You might be able to catch them while on here and chat with them, or send them a PM.

A completely different pump is Deatschwerks. Their pumps are also widely used, and have the support of one of the most respected TR guys on the board, Nick Micale. Their pumps flow so well that they've been accused by some of flowing TOO WELL. So well in fact that modifications to the return line MAY be necessary in order to keep idle fuel pressure down at 43 PSI!! I specifically remember a thread where Nick was having a "discussion" with a very headstrong guy named Ttype6 about the DW pumps!!

I am considering a new pump as well as I will likely be switching to E85 soon. I have not yet decided whether I will go with a DW single, or a Racetronix double. I think it will be one of the two. HTH and happy researching. I don't think there's one right answer here - many use Red's, many use Racetronix, many use DW, and those are all in-tanks; it doesn't count the in-line pumps!!

So well in fact that modifications to the return line MAY be necessary in order to keep idle fuel pressure down at 43 PSI!!

Is this true?
Might one have to modify his return line if he uses the DW pump?

Is this true?

2 of my buddies installed DWs. No issues with the return line being too small FP was set to 38 at first. I wouldnt worry about that as being an issue.

Ran Walbro's for 10 years but started running out of fuel so decided to make a change.

Liked the output level and warranty of the DW and hey, it was German design so it had to be good, right. Ordered it from a Buick vendor and LMAO when I found out they were in OKC and about 20 miles from my house.

I run the DW300 pump with a BAP and "cleaned up" stock fuel lines. Really satisfied with it's performance.

Is this true?

Like I said.....not again!!! It would be a pity to start this whole mess of junk again. Don't see why it can't be left to die. Jeeeeez!!o_O

It would be a pity to start this whole mess of junk again.

Why did you?

The OP wanted info about double pumpers. In your response,you mentioned that people had concerns about the possibility of modifying the fuel return line if they installed a DW pump.
Is this a legitimate concern?
Might some people have to modify their return lines if they install this pump?

2 of my buddies installed DWs. No issues with the return line being too small FP was set to 38 at first. I wouldnt worry about that as being an issue.

Have you heard of anyone on this forum having idle fuel pressure problems after installing a DW pump?

Have you heard of anyone on this forum having idle fuel pressure problems after installing a DW pump?

I have read on the forum of people having issues. But two of my buddies had no issues. One of them had his FP down to 34lbs. All original lines.

Dude, seriously. Just let it die. I dont think i could have said it any better - the return MAY have to be modded.

I bet you still have scrapes on yor knees from when you were 5 years old because you just cant leave well enough alone!!! Jeeeeezzzz!!!

Dude, seriously. Just let it die. I dont think i could have said it any better - the return MAY have to be modded.

I bet you still have scrapes on yor knees from when you were 5 years old because you just cant leave well enough alone!!! Jeeeeezzzz!!!

You bring up a dead post that has nothing to do with the OP's question.You call me headstrong(good name calling). Then you berate me for not letting something die. It was dead. You revived it. Wow!