best exhaust system

Lbraucht

hey guys i think i'm going to put a new exhaust system on my car an 87 GN form the testpipe back i have the hooker 2.5 on their now but don't like to much it it rattleing and i can;t get it to stop any suggestions on exahust that you guys like or have used. thanks
-Tim

i have the ATR stainless steel single shot exhaust 3"
i love the sound and have no rattle coming from it at all
i dont know how much it is since it came on my car but i love the sound of it as it is not abnoxious loud yet still has the sounds of power

I kinda agree/////

I use to run the single shot,,, but grew tired of the 2300/2800 RPM drone that it would produce. Plus it resonates in the car like crazy. But I do agree it sounds good. Bit I know run the oval welded Dynomax race series in 2 1/2 duals. Awesome deep rumble of a Borla XR1 but half the cost. There a guy here with 2 chambers 2 1/2 Flowmasters sounds good too. Anyone ever heard the ATR 3 inch duals before????????????????

I'm running the ATR 3" single shot on one of my car and I love it. ;) On the highway when I cruise around 60-70mph it's pretty loud inside and my right hear is almost blocked when I get out of the car. :D It's what comes the closest to an open dump and it's a very good system. Loud at first but you'll get use to it.

Im running a Hooker for 5 years with not one noise. It was not installed right and hitting somewhere obviously. The Hooker is the bang for the buck.. bar none.

I have had the Hooker exhaust on my car for 3 years now and noticed when installing it that it sits towards the front of the car. There was very little space to attach the hangers behind the mufflers. As such, it would stretch the hangers and break them.
I also didnt like how short the tail pipes are. But for what I paid, I guess I cant complain. Make sure all the clamps are tight (if the pipes are clamped) as the pipes can rattle if the clamping isnt tight.

I am thinking about going with the 3 inch duals from ATR. Still have not decided for sure maybe the hooker setup. I just want it to rumble and roar....

The ATR 3" dual system is nice. Not very loud but has a deep sound. But mine was PITA to install. Plus it is $$.

My hooker setup went in with no problems, fit like a glove, doesn't hit anything and has been trouble free for over 4 years.

i like the look of the duals even though i have heard a lot abotu how good the single 3" is from you guys and many others i don't think i would get that. on my hooker system i broke the henger thats holds the flange up right past the testpipe. and it rattles abotu a foot past that it hits right where the pass. seat is. i think i'm going to rip it out and put the str 3" duals on. do they fit good? 3" is pretty big i have a bigblock mopar with only 2.5" on it. On last question is the flowmaster system any good? thanks guys this is great info.
-Tim

Don't put flowmaster mufflers on a turbo car. You want a strait through design, not a chambered muffler.

I installed my Hooker set, about 6 months ago, and am very pleased....No rattles, very quiet, and great price.....very easy to install....