Best Comment Overheard At Bradenton Event

Sagecoach

"He's either going to have to get out of the 14's or take that Hartline decal off of his car!"-Holly:cool: :cool: :cool:

BEST RUNS WERE BY CAL HARTLINE'S GN. TWO WHEEL STANDING 8.65 BLASTS. YES 8.65 WITH A 20 MPH HEADWIND. FRONT TIRES CAME UP ABOUT 4' AND CAME DOWN GENTLY AND LIFTED AGAIN ANOTHER THREE FEET. THE CAR NEVER SLOWED OR MISSED A BEAT. JUST QUICK ACCELERATION TO THE END OF THE QUARTER. GREAT RUNS !!!!!! ;)

I think it was 8.65, Mike. ;)
Glad to see you made it home alright. I did find your email address, and here is my cell 321 277 5419.

Scott

Originally posted by Sagecoach
"He's either going to have to get out of the 14's or take that Hartline decal off of his car!"-Holly:cool: :cool: :cool:

are you refrring to Tom's car, the purple one with the checkered paint on the fender? if so i believe this was his first passes since getting the motor built. got lots of good parts. IMO, if he ever gets it running right it should easily be good for 11s no problem. BTW, he seemed to be in all street trim to me with NO launch.

LOL!! I just spoke to her about this. She said she was joking when she said it, because we had never met the guy and the car was so nice, we would have remembered it. I'm not sure what part I played in the buildup, but will be more than happy to assist any way I can. I apologize if we hurt anyones feelings, it was spoken in fun.

My wife asked a funny question. She has never seen a race before and saw the guys doing their burnouts. She turns to me and says with a totally straight face, " Why are they doing that, are they just showing off?"

Scott

Of course Holly was joking.I think the car referred to was a solid 11 or 10 second car that had traction trouble.I certainly wouldn't have mentioned it if it hadn't been a joke.For anyone who missed the event, Cal's wheel-standing 8-second run was well worth the trip to Bradenton. I think everyone had a fun-filled day of racing and fellowship .I hope we can make it an annual event.Everyone appreciates the time,planning,and money that Jesse spent putting it together.:)

no problem Cal. i thought you built his engine tho. he got it painted recently so maybe it was black when you had it or maybe he just had the engine built by you and dropped in somewhere else, oh well. BTW, glad i got to meet you and shake your hand after Louie's last race, i feel so blessed, LOL:D. anyways, just keep doing what you're doing cause it seems to be working. are you going for 7s anytime soon?

No 7's for me unless I quit class racing. The TSO rules don't allow any turbo bigger than an 88 and the weight limit is 3400 pounds. I think 8.3's will probably be the limit for the class and I personally think a Stage2 headed car will be the one to do it. Thanks for the nice comments and enjoyed meeting you and so many other turbo buick guys.

Yes I ran a 14.2 and 13.9. Yes Cal did build my motor and it is running great. Only problem is I have a bone stock tranny. I am putting in a 2800 stall and Bruce's shift kit. Also I could not build ANY boost on the line so I was taking off at idle. That's why I had 2.3 60 foot times. My car was last owned by John Iwanzyk and after a month after I got the car, John had Cal build a long block for me. I put it in the car and so on. Cal I do want to get together with you before the Nat's so you can dyno tune it. Thanks for sticking up for me ( Turbo Buicks ). By the way who are you?

Tom Dufour

Tom its me Cory. my friend mike and i met you up at Largo with John a few weeks ago for the first time. im 17 and i got the GN w/the super ghetto paint job and floppy grille that Julio likes to use to make fun of me. i remember seeing you at Bradentona nd saying HI to you. remember me now?

:D :cool:

HEY!!! *Stirring up the sh%t* - who was the one that had trouble holding my *LOWLY* hot air car (with intercooled gn rims on front) off after leaving with a *HORRIBLE* 60' and an even worse top end (91.68 mph) .. i ran a blistering 14.4 .. the other guy might have gotten a 14.3 =/

:p