Best aftermarket weatherstripping.

brittken

Crazy for Sonya!!!
Who carries the best weatherstriipping for the roof rail and doorjambs. I am loking for the best fit and quality. I have heard that original from gm is exspensive. I know that there are aftermarket suppliers. I am wondering who has the best.:cool:

Go to GM parts direct.com, will have better price than the dealer but get GM part #s first, makes it easier. I know they are still available. Postons also carries the different weather stripping Tarey D.

I got mine off of e-bay, it was for everything, doors and trunk. Mine fit perfect and I have no leaking/wind noise around my windows. Everyone else says these aftermarket kits are crap, well mine worked out good and was way cheaper than buying from GM, thats just my experience...

Metro

I've heard people having good luck both ways also. My experience was the Metro stuff and I can tell you I won't ddo it again. To stiff and unpliable, if you can believe that! Very unforgiving. Just .02 worth. Drew

Has anyone bought the window weaterstripping (the one that seals the top and both ends of the glass to the roof and a and b pillar) from 1aautomotive ? They sell lots of resto parts and weatherstripping on Ebay all the time. They are located in my home state of Ma. They look good in pics but I don't know how well they fit and if they are too hard or soft. Anyone know if they are good?

Pepperill

Yeah, I've also seen their ad on E-bay. I have no idea what brand of aftermarket weatherstripping they sell. If I was in the area I'd check it out. The cleanliness of their store or whatever they got would tell you alot about their buisness. Drew:)

I bought my weatherstripping for my TA from them. It is harder than the latex covered original stuff. For the window to be adjusted for a good seal, you really have to slam the door to get shut. I've heard they eventually "break in" a little....we'll see. It was about 1/2 the cost of original.

Bob,
I'm not sure what the brand was. it was over a year ago. It was the one that if you look up weather stiping for the regal it's all over e-bay and comes in a package deal ( doors, everything, and trunk) very good deal on it also. If I find out I'll let ya know..