Been a while

blueta

Well, been a while since I've been on the Buick forums but some times things come full circle. In June or July I'll be looking for another turbo Buick. I'll have $10k to spend firm and when I sold my 87 in maybe '05 that money could get you a decent car it seemed. Fast forward to now and it seems like these things have skyrocketed in price! I don't mind getting a car shipped to me but it would have to come out of that $10k.

I've owned an 84 and the aforementioned 87 and would consider another hot air. Not looking to go racing any more so a high 12 second street car would be more than enough these days. Just looking for something to go cruising with and car shows with my 4 year old son this summer. He loves muscle cars and I'm really looking forward to passing my passion to him.

With all that said, what can I expect for $10k for an 84-85 and 86-87 car? I don't mind mechanical work but trying to skip major body work. Don't mind bolting on body parts and maybe needing paint however I'm not confident hanging 1/4's etc. floors are a pain but I've done them in a g body el Camino and my 66 nova (both sold).

This car will be my forever car and I'm just looking for ideas. Not sure what's available for the hot air cars from the vendors these days.

for 10K that would be a little harder to find, I just bought a 87 with a new GN1 headed motor for 15K in Florida. Had to drive 1340 miles to pick it up but I was lucky. For 10K I would think a t type would be more in that range. GN's are more of what most want. If you have to have a GN only i would try to find a 86. They go for a little less. But you can find a driver for 10K. Just remember what you had before. They are not like a mustang. They require TLC all the time and of course money. If I run across one I will post the link on here for you.

Thanks!

A grand national or t type/turbo t doesn't matter to me. I love the platform. What's on the badges doesn't matter to me. Especially since I plan on keeping this one forever now.

Yeah I remember how these cars can be sometimes. Uh, temperamental!

I guess I should clarify what I mean by going to shows. I'm not talking about buying a "show car", but more something I can drive to the shows and cruise around with. Not looking for a rust bucket or anything but has to be semi presentable. Maybe freshening up paint etc.

I appreciate the link to that 86 but I HAVE to wait until summer. Need to pay off my current car loan which I've been paying twice the monthly amount just to be done with it. It's the only way to keep the wife happy, ya know?

I'll post up a wanted ad or check around here when the time comes for sure. Just curious to see what my money can get me these days.

Finding a car in that range shouldn't be a problem providing you can wait for the right deal. 6 years ago I bought my 2nd GN for 9k . Yes it needed tlc I had a fire car that provided lots of parts and money. Good luck be patient.