Beating a "Dead Horse"

Hyboost

Hyboost
I posted this on another board so it may be a repeat to some, but it is a good story, so here goes, I was driving down a local 4 lane rural rd in my home town, when a 96ish White mustang GT came up behind me, this car was not stock, had street slicks, big cowl induction hood, pro comp tach with huge shift light mounted on top, and it sounded tough, this was my first real race since getting this car together, so I figured this would be a good gauge on how quick (or not) my car is, so as he passed me in the left lane (a car was in front of me) he pushed in the clutch, and reved it up, trying to scare me off, didnt work, I waited till traffic cleared and after he pulled into the right lane, I pulled out to the left, I got alongside of him, he looked at me and smiled, then he nailed it (doing around 20mph at the time) So did I, we were close at 2nd gear and he pulled away from me by maybe 1/4 of a fender, when he hit 3rd, I pulled even, when he shifted to 4th I heard a little "noise" from his car, and I pulled a little farther ahead, when he hit 5th, his car made some really bad sounds, knocking and backfiring, and a ton of smoke billowed out from behind his car, he quickly fell behind, and by the time I slowed down and turned around, he had turned down a sidestreet, and pulled into a driveway, (his?) I was going to stop but figured he wasnt in the best of moods. I have a friend who lives very close to him and said he heard him restart it later that night, and it sounded like it swallowed a valve. So it was a fun "first kill" ,,, well, maybe not for him. Ken F.:D

Cool... reminds me of a situation that happened to my father back in the mid seventies.

Him and a bud were making the trek from South carolina to Ga and they were hauling 90 or so on the highway in a 72 Dodge 340 Demon.

Around the Atlanta area a GTO fell in behind them.
So my pop put the Demon on the floor (expecting to get lynched)and the Goat stayed for a few miles.....Then BOOM...The Goat blew something major, smoke everywhere bellowing out the back.

The GTO pulled over to the shoulder and that was that..pops kept trucking.

Good one, though it does suck being you guys were pretty close in the race.

Different if he was ahead then blew his motor.

Winnings winning.

Good 1

Tell ya the truth Kev, I didnt notice, but I know where he lives, I'll cruise by. My friend said he has 3 stangs, that they test and tune all the time up and down broadway. He lives on Ransom rd. You can tell his house by the burn out marks in the street. Ken.

reason i asked is i saw one today on my lunch break, just like what u were describing. driving down sheridan, probably wasnt him tho, this was a hatch back, not sure what years those were, they all suck imo, so i dont pay attention :p

Kevin Turd, 96's did not have hatch's,that ended in 93, i guess every car you have no knowledge of sucks.....

I wasn't dissing the stangs, I just like having fun. I really did feel kinda bad he broke, that sucks, we're all out just trying to have fun. As long as the person isn't an a hole about it. Ever notice how many beater cars will pull up beside you, and try to race? I'm thinking of buying a mini van, those people are nuts. Worse yet are Grand Prix owners. I had one pull next to me at a light and rev it to around 4 g, and drop it into drive. Whatever..........:confused:

Originally posted by stroked347
8beats6everytime.com
Stroked 347 I already have you beat in street trim let alone if I turn up the boost and knock another half second off so what do you think you are talking about.

The qoute I would like to use is youre8beatsmy6never:D

Also Stroked I am calling bs on the n/a 302 running 12.20 unless the heads were aluminum and you had a bottom end girdle on the engine and were spinning it to 7000 plus.All highly unlikely. But possible.

icepick, if the guy shifted into 5th, i hope you guys where running over 100mph. ive also had beaters revving, once a Jeep!

Originally posted by stroked347
Aluminum heads and a girdle and 7k to run 12.20's???:p :p :p wake up bro

yep one jackass alright
Yep because without nos or some otherpower adder e7 heads will not support 12.20 runs.Science supports my claim.
e7s
intake flow
.100=47
.200= 116
.300=148
.400=158
.500=155
e7 exhaust flow
.100=40
.200=78
.300=107
.400=118
.500=123

Horsepower needed to move a n/a 3300 pound mustang (with driver included) at 12.20 =360 at the rear wheels which is 414 at the engine which is impossible since the e7s flow to little and even with a big cam they only will produce 335 max and thats with volumetric effeciency at 100 %
It would take an set of aftermarket race or stage 2 to 3 ported aftermarket heads and a 6000-7000 rpm redline to make the necessary hp to get it into the 12.20 second range.with a 302.Which if you really know anything the 2 bolt mains on fords tend to walk and the engine blows up unless you use a bottom main stud girdle.

So Now I am officially calling youre claim BS.

And you son are the one that needs to wake up.And quit dreaming.

:D :D :D

Originally posted by onefastjackass
Yep because without nos or some otherpower adder e7 heads will not support 12.20 runs.Science supports my claim.
e7s
intake flow
.100=47
.200= 116
.300=148
.400=158
.500=155
e7 exhaust flow
.100=40
.200=78
.300=107
.400=118
.500=123

Horsepower needed to move a n/a 3300 pound mustang (with driver included) at 12.20 =360 at the rear wheels which is 414 at the engine which is impossible since the e7s flow to little and even with a big cam they only will produce 335 max and thats with volumetric effeciency at 100 %
It would take an set of aftermarket race or stage 2 to 3 ported aftermarket heads and a 6000-7000 rpm redline to make the necessary hp to get it into the 12.20 second range.with a 302.Which if you really know anything the 2 bolt mains on fords tend to walk and the engine blows up unless you use a bottom main stud girdle.

So Now I am officially calling youre claim BS.

And you son are the one that needs to wake up.And quit dreaming.

:D :D :D

Hahahah, OWNED

Originally posted by onefastjackass
Yep because without nos or some otherpower adder e7 heads will not support 12.20 runs.

What about ported and polished E7s?

They guy (Chris Smith who worked at Dugan and then Atlanta Chassis Dyno and then that place out by Road Atlanta) who ported my E7s showed me a couple of cars at his shop that ran high 11s low 12s with ported E7s (no power adder). Mine have a light porting job (some bowl work, exhaust bump removed, slightly bigger valves) and I went 13.3 with them on street radials and no power adder.

But I think I'm going to get rid of them and replace them with an Ed Curtis package (AFR 165s and a cam).

Look at some NMRA factory stock class times..The E7's arent the only iron head jackass. Timeslips can only support a claim

stock bottom end 302's tend to blow up.....sounds like 5th grade and your wrong

you still have no clue as to what the hell your talking about

:p :p :p :p :p :p