be cool radiator..what kind of tranny cooler??

national

Well Ive been tight & not wanting to upgrade my radiator..well I guess maily cause I dont ever drive the car & I really dont have any bad cooling issues with my V2front mount..when I ordered my FM I told tony to send me a radiator also..well that neevr happened(long time ago)Well anyways..today I was purchasing my usual automotive parts for ebay & guess what I run across..a be-cool radiator..was returned for very very minor shipping damages..guy said he was just gonna scrap it out & I could have it for $10 bucks...yes I know I STOLE it for that money..my lucky day huh..I didnt know exactly what it fit but thought it might be close for the GN..well it measures exactly what the site says it should be for the GN..32wide & 19 tall..2 core..aluminum of course..one thing it doesnt have any coolers in it..what kind of tranny cooler is best & where to place it thats not to much a job & not in front of the V2 I hope...what about the oil cooler..do I need an external cooler or just take the adapter off & run without it? I dont drive the car alot but when I do I drive it pretty hard..
Thanks,Brian

If there's no liquid/liquid cooler in the radiator then you will want to find a very big and more importanly very efficient tranny cooler, especially if you have an aftermarket stall convertor. The ones we use at work (tranny shop) are the Tru-cool LPD made by Long manufacturing. They use a "stacked plate" design rather than just a curved tube with fins on it. The stacked plate disperses the fluid more so more can touch the aluminum and exchange heat better than a conventional tube design. Using an old summit magazine I have handy it looks like the B&M supercooler is a very similar design to what we use. Get the biggest one you can fit in the car and hook it up with good hydraulic hose and you should be fine.

just my $.02

bob

Buy a B&M [or equivelent] 'stacked plate design', period. Do NOT use the fins n' tubes design from the 60's for less $$$. Prolly around $50usd for a great one and no heat crossover issues. If you drive the car in minus 20 weather you'll want to send out the Terminator to watch it warm up while your in the shower each day. ;)
Jim

you will love this rad. I have the Becool made for the GN. It has both trans and engine coolers built in.. Wow what a difference. You stole this rad. Good going!!

Cool...but do I really need an oil cooler & where is best to mount a stacked plate cooler out of the way but in a place to cool it..does it really need to be in the air path to cool right with it being a stacked plate?
Thanks, Brian

oil cooler

When you drive your car, you drive it hard!!!
Since I have an oil temp gage, I know for a fact that as your oil temp goes North your oil pressure goes South. Now, do you need an oil cooler or not?

Yep//I guess you are right..wouldnt be a bad idea huh...car hasnt been out of garage about 3 times in last couple of years..usually gets a few cruises through town & other times its on the strip..I understand though..oil cooler I guess it will be also then..hopefully get it all back on the road before winter(im slow).
Thanks,Brian