Be Careful!!!

VETROC

If anyone is interested in going to see the 24K mile GN in NJ that was on Ebay recently, BE CAREFUL! I had numerous comnversation with the guy about the car and it's condition before I made the trip 9 hour round trip from MASS to NJ and he lied about everything!

I was told the car was MINT, no dings or scratches, new paint, etc., etc., etc.

Upon arriving, as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle, I immediately realized that I had been lied to. ABOUT EVERYTHING! The paint was horrible (car was juiced) they painted over the door locks, handles, everything. Tranny wasn't original, cut wires throughout the engine bay, apparently for guages that were no longer there, torque converter was replaced, sensors were left disconnected, car was smoking, bumper fillers were all cracked, rims were chipped and rusty, doors were rusty on the bottom, hole in the driver's seat, and on and on and on.

Between gas, tolls, trailer, and some other misc charges, I spent over $500 and an entire day getting out there to see the car only to have to leave empty handed.

I pleaded with the guy over the phone to be up front with me, because this has happened to me before. I told him about a trip I made to upstate NY only to have to leave because the car was not at all like described. He seemed to be genuine when he told me that he would not do that to someone and I believed him. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. What BS!!!

SO if anyone is considering buying a low mile GN in NJ, I hope its not this car and I hope you don't have to deal with this guy.

Still amazes me how dishonest people can be. :frown:

Did you point out to him the poor condition after you saw it. And if so what were his responses?

I feel your pain

Sorry you got railed. Had the same thing happen to me a few months back with another seller. You should post the VIN on here so the car in question could be identified.

Did you point out to him the poor condition after you saw it. And if so what were his responses?

Myslef and 2 of my friends were looking over the car and this guy was the biggest jackass I have ever dealt with relative to buying a car. We were standing next to the car and I said to him "I thought you said there were no dents on the car" His reply "there aren't any dents" I was absolutely floored as we were all just standing there with clueless looks on our faces thinking this guy can't be serious. We were all pointing out the dents and acratches and he maintained there were no dents on the car.

I have heard of the power of suggestion, but this guy was absolutely nuts. He argued every point and then the best was when he told us (for no apparent reason) that he worked for the secret service and Microsoft before it was a computer company. I have no clue what this guy was smoking before we got there, but it is apparently some powerful stuff.

Now that I think of it, the guy was probably nuts for real. Absolute scum bag!

When we were leaving, he also suggested that we stop at an apple orchard down the street for some apple cider and pie so it wouldn't be a completely wasted trip. :confused:

At least we were able to laugh about it over lunch and on the ride home, even though I was pissed that I spent time and money for nothing.

Guy was nuts!:mad:

Sorry you got railed. Had the same thing happen to me a few months back with another seller. You should post the VIN on here so the car in question could be identified.

The VIN# is 1G4GJ1176HP443734

87 GN WITH 24,xxx miles in NJ.

t-topflyer did an Auto check for me in the Stolen car / VIN section.

HI, THANKS FOR THE QUESTION. THE CAR IS AS IS. I DO NOT HAVE IT. THE EXHAUST IS NEW AS IS 1/2 THE CAR. THIS IS A 25 THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR FOR HALF PRICE. IT IS AS IS. THE CAR IS FLAWLESS. JOEY

hmmmm 1/2 the car has been replaced?? prob 127k on it .. after looking at the pics of the car I don't think I would have driven to look at it.. exhaust is aweful!! pics are to far away (50' special) . whenever I have put cars on Ebay I have prob 50/60 CLOSE UP pics so people can REALLY see the car .. never mind the ones he posted from the side of the road :rolleyes:
well good luck on the next one .. :cool:

Had a similar deal in NY city

I too was lied to about a car in NY ****y (speach impediment) , after burning the $500. bill on gas, tolls, etc.. When I got there the AH tried to burn rubber in the parking lot, and couldnt, it was RUNNING oil out the main (not dripping), cut up wires, shot interior etc.. I have learned If the person seems like an AH on the phone, then he is an AH, and will not deal with them especialy on the east coast. Speaking of raw deals, has anyone here use an on line car broker for a distance deal before? Would apreciate the feedback on that.
Hopefuly someone else will be saved from this BS because of VetRoc and others speaking of thier experieces with AH's.

Here is the eBay Auction:

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 110301591082 end time Oct-26-08 07:14:39 PDT)

Love his response to one of the questions about the car:

"had the National resprayed last year for $8000.00 it is a 10. This is a rust free ding free immaculate car."

Sounds like a nice honest seller to me!;) LOL!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is the most dishonest guy I have ever dealt with relative to buying a car. The paint job on the car is not worth $8.00 let alone $8,000.00. It looked like they painted over rust. Paint already started to peel in certain places. Orange peel like I have never seen before. TO call that car a rust free ding free car is an absolute, outright LIE!:mad:

I think thats about the 2nd or 3rd time that rides been listed.Wonder though why he would drive it to NYC for the photos.:confused: Also, looks as though the shots were taken thru some sort of filter to give it a softer look.Sorry to hear you had to go thru this crap but at least now you'll find something better.But on the flip side,Colts Neck is near where I am,At least the jerk didn't lie about the apple farms!

This guy did a dam good job of hidding the problems. There are some slight "give aways" but not many. Types kind of like I was saying. Too many questions between the lines. His feedback was kind of questionable too.

I emailed this a guy a few questions about the car via ebay. He had no clue about the mods/history of the car, even his tone of voice was questionable.

There's an least 1 a$$hole in every pair of pants... Sometimes 2....
For the guy asking about brokers... BE AWARE, VERY AWARE. Got hosed on a "rust free" 55 Chevy.
If I ever see this assh0le at an auction, well.....

Bottom line: Don't buy it, unless U R standing there, looking at it.

Speaking of raw deals, has anyone here use an on line car broker for a distance deal before? Would apreciate the feedback on that.

I used a company that is advertised on carsonline.com. If I remember correctly it was around $275 for the inspection. They provided lots of pictures, went through the car, detailed the problems and gave an appoximate value. I would definitly use them again if I couldn't go see the car myself.