BB turbos and heat.

87natl

Fade 2 Black
I may be delusional here, and my issue may be related to something else, but has anyone else that is running a BB turbo, particulatly the 6776, notice any more heat being generated? I'm melting crap and my car keeps smelling HOT after a good drive. Most recently I noticed that the rubber/plastic covering on my AC line that runs near the downpipe was melting. I've melted a starter cable as well. I say, could be related to something else, but it seems to coincide with the turbo change to me.

Are u running leaner at idle by chance?
The addition of a turbo bigger or smaller will not affect idle and the vacum side of driving exh temps. Leaner will make the engine run hotter tho
Or are you reffering to WOT

Just regular, runnin' the roads driving. I don't appear to be lean and nothing else is wrong, car runs great. I dunno, it's strange.......

I haven't notice any change in additional heat
But I also changed these when I added the BB6776
New 3 core radiator
Ramcharger fans and Racetronex wiring
New Condenser
new Cotton's FMIC
AND the New Motor
What your Scanmaster saying for temp?
Not that hot up here yet 70-80's

Well it was 93 here today, LOL!

Haven't checked to see what scanmaster showed for temps, the car is not giving any signs of overheating. I'm thinking it's also possible that my engine is moving around a bit, even with the tie down strap. May need to check out the motor mounts...but they are not that old.

The first thing I noticed was my car breaking up a bit on a run, and then I found that I had melted thru the casing on my positive battery cable. I fixed and relocated that a bit, and yesterday was out driving and smelled something hot, checked and found that coating on the AC line melted thru.

I've got a few things to check thru, just thought I'd throw out the question about the turbo because really, that's all I've changed recently.